ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    15th December 2018 04:32 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong

I think I got a good deal on the Manga set 1-3!

So I'm very excited to get this, and got an amazing deal: $16 with free shipping! Should arrive sometime in early-mid November. This was the seller's last set though (he had already sold 7 sets) and had it listed for $21, but yay me for having a $5 off coupon!

I know it's written in Japanese, but the artwork looked too amazing to pass up.
    If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it. - Okabe Rintarou

Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    To be honest with you, I always see it far cheaper on Yahoo Japan Auctions. There are lots of Japanese sellers who sell their stock on eBay at inflated prices because they know a lot of westerners will pay more. Having said that, buying from Japan more directly isn't cheap either due to various factors.

I'd say it's a good deal overall with the free shipping. Any Outlaw Star merchandise is too amazing to pass up. Now you've just gotta get the Chinese, German, Italian and Spanish versions!
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have thought to check for a foreign auction site.

You're blowing my mind Mantis! I did come across the Spanish version on eBay while I was looking for this one...makes me wonder how different each translation is from each other. Whether or not certain words, phrases and whatnot could have been altered for each version...
    If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it. - Okabe Rintarou

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Another tip is to find lists of all the international eBay domains. If you search "Outlaw Star" on some of them and use the option to only display the respective country's auctions you'll find some pretty interesting merch. Only really useful to those who wish to go beyond the usual collecting, but also handy for the other manga. I have transcribed hundreds of pages of all of the international manga so I can tell you that they're often very different from one another. I think if I can recall correctly, the German translation is the most faithful to the Japanese original, and the Spanish the least.

In case you want to take a look at English manga progress I've granted you access to the Galactic Leyline, which is where I post draft versions. It's been a couple of months since I last updated it but fortunately I'm getting back on track... again. I hope you'll like it, and feel free to add feedback to any of the threads. Though it should go without saying, please keep the pages behind those doors. (Not to mention, I obviously cut corners in drafts.)

Thanks to the assistance of two new team members, Zemekis and TJ, we're now beyond what's currently available online. (Whether our translation is better is open to interpretation.) So if you'd like to learn more about the manga caster gun, amongst many other things...

Name:  page18.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  340.7 KB

Check out the Galactic Leyline, now available to you from the forum index.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Interesting thought. I actually sell on eBay for side income, but never thought to look through foreign domains. I haven't opted in for global shipping yet, just 'cause I'm not ready to take my business to that level. Definitely checking it out though, especially if I can find good deals and upsell them here in the states. Might make a tidy profit.

Thanks for the access! I will definitely check this out tonight! Still awaiting my copies in the mail, so hopefully by next week I'll have mine. Excited!

Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    They finally showed up! It actually wasn't too bad of a wait, but oh yeah! I am MORE than pleased with the condition, the artwork, everything. Well worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    That's awesome! The manga's one of the top merch to get and I can remember how pleased I was when I got mine.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:14 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Very cool. If only there were 10x as many volumes, hahaha.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

9. Like Alchytect liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 04:59 AM
    Wong
    I know I'm super late to the party but I gotta say nice job, $16 for all three volumes is a hell of a deal.

11. Like Alchytect liked this post