ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:45 PM
    Wong

Driving Me Nuts About This One.

I've been racking my head about this one.

Now, I was listening to a video a few years ago about a story, it was about a lad in USA High School American football. He got knocked out, got up again and brushed off without worries, and went on with his life for 30/40 years. Got married had kids then at some point he noticed a lamp that seemed out of place. He was so fixated on it to the point when his wife and kids left him. After a while he found out it was out of place then all of a sudden he woke up back on the field back at high school and was told he was out for a few minutes, and everything he experienced didn't happen in reality but all happened in his head for a few moments.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I talking out my arse. I'm sure this condition is real and I can't for the life of me remember what's it called and what video I heard it from.

Last Seen
    Today 12:41 AM
    Wong
    I never heard of this and I am in the US. Was this like a real news story or something from a movie? I wasn't able to find anything on it either. Sounds really interesting if it did indeed happen. Kind of like he entered some kind of wormhole for a few moments.

Last Seen
    Wong
    It was a video on YouTube, some guy found this story on Reddit. Wasn't a news story nor a movie.

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostOfSabotage View Post
    It was a video on YouTube, some guy found this story on Reddit. Wasn't a news story nor a movie.
    Ah okay well that would explain why I have not found it then lol

A lot of people make stuff like this up on reddit so you gotta be careful. Not saying this is one of the cases, the human mind is a strange wonder but I also have known many people online to tell tales for fun.

Last Seen
    Wong
    No, this is a scientific thing though.

Last Seen
    Today 02:06 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Vivid, lucid dreams. So much so that they're indistinguishable from reality. That's all it is. People probably think I'm talking out of my arse when I describe a lot of my dreams and that I'm remembering them far more often than most people, but that's it really. My own experiences hold about as much water as this guy's, because the brain is a mystery and little can be proven beyond what neurologists discover.

No offence to any Americans here, but it's always stories from the USA that seem to be massively exaggerated. Especially with stuff like UFOs, but this sounds like the kind of thing I'd hear in a "Reddit Stories" YouTube video.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    14th November 2018 02:24 PM
    Wong
    Reading this reminds me of a House M.D. episode I've seen before where the patient got into so many hallucinations realizing that he just got knocked out in the field.

It may be possible, and our minds go through a lot of things when it is under stress, consciously or unconsciously.

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Vivid, lucid dreams. So much so that they're indistinguishable from reality. That's all it is. People probably think I'm talking out of my arse when I describe a lot of my dreams and that I'm remembering them far more often than most people, but that's it really. My own experiences hold about as much water as this guy's, because the brain is a mystery and little can be proven beyond what neurologists discover.

No offence to any Americans here, but it's always stories from the USA that seem to be massively exaggerated. Especially with stuff like UFOs, but this sounds like the kind of thing I'd hear in a "Reddit Stories" YouTube video.
    There is a reason a lot of conspiracy sites are formed in the US... lol I like to think outside the box and get interested in things but this is just one I have not heard of. Not what you said, but the OP's story. I looked everywhere too.

Last Seen
    17th November 2018 05:45 PM
    Wong
    This seems a bit random, and, to be honest, I have to doubt it ever happened.

You never know, but it sounds a bit made-up, to be honest.