ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:21 AM
    Wong

Are you the only one in your family who likes anime?

This question may have been asked before but I didn't spot it.

I realized today that I am the only one in my family who enjoys anime and I am the only one out of all my friends who enjoys it as well. Some of them liked it growing up and grew out of it. It kind of makes it hard to enjoy something with others when you can't actually enjoy discussing it. That is likely a major reason for me joining here and other anime forums. I like to talk about ideas, episodes, characters, and so on but everyone I know IRL wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about lol

Last Seen
    15th December 2018 04:32 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    I can say that as far as family goes, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my family. My girlfriend likes anime, but it's actually rare that we watch any together. She doesn't exactly like the same types of anime that I do. We have watched some stuff together though, and it was nice to have that conversation about it afterwards.

I do have a couple of friends that enjoy anime, but they either grew out of it, or are too busy to keep up with it. I on the other hand usually pick something new (sometimes old) to watch at least once/twice a month (I am busy too, but I make time for my anime!).
    If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it. - Okabe Rintarou

Last Seen
    9th December 2018 02:30 PM
    Wong
    No, but I'm the only one who likes the darker stuff like Outlaw Star and such!

Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Yes, I am the only one in my immediate family. My oldest nephew however likes anime quite a lot. That's what my sister has told me, anyhow.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 07:36 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I think I'm pretty much the only one. I had an older brother who went through a phase where he was into it but grew out of it. I have another brother who was really into anime. Even saw that his computer had a Dirty Pair Flash wallpaper. I don't know if he really is as into it as much as he used to though.

Last Seen
    15th December 2018 11:15 PM
    Wong
    I have two brothers, who are both younger than me and even when we were young they hate watching anime. I've got 2 sons and my eldest likes watching a lot of anime but my youngest doesn't like it. He just wants to play online strategy games.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:14 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Nah, my mom and sister both like it. Sister discovered it independently from me, oddly enough. My mom caught on when my sister was watching it. We don't like sit around together watching it but 3/4 people at my old house consumed anime regularly. Since moving out 3 years ago i'm not certain how often they watch it anymore but I know we all keep up with at least 1 or 2 series per year.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers