Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    12th December 2018 09:04 PM
    Wong

Commonly Loved/Hated

Everyone has something they don't like that seems as if the majority of people out there do.
    There are also things we do like that seems most people just can't stand.

I first noticed this when I was younger and my ex said he hated chocolate. I was thinking to myself, how can someone... ANYONE say they hate chocolate? I realized there are things I don't like that many people do as well.

One thing that I grew up hating was milk. I didn't even like it in cereal. Anytime I would eat cereal without it, I would get weird looks from my friend's parents or my own family. On the flip side, I always loved eating plain potato chips with honey or ketchup. (chips as in crisps for you Brits out there)

What are some things you like that many others don't seem to like?
    What are some things you don't like that many others do?

This can be food or anything really.

2. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 08:43 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Hmm...

I think music applies to both of those in my case. It can be a difficult discussion topic for me. Every man and his dog seems to like popular artists, many of which I can't identify or I don't know a lot of popular songs. The thing is that I'm bad with lyrics. It's not because of a trouble comprehending what people say, but I've always heard voices in songs as instruments, complementing the other instrumentals. So I think my brain defaults to that behaviour and I've always had difficulty registering them or remembering. So as you'd guess, I greatly prefer instrumental music and only listen to a handful of music with vocals.

On the other hand, while I love instrumental music it seems most people do not. In particular, I love video game music and various other soundtracks. Video game music has always been special to me. With older VGM, they were composed with very limited hardware which I think oddly gave it more melody. Also, I can associate the songs with emotions I felt while I was immersed in the interactive experiences. Yet not many people like VGM, and those who do and don't like mainstream music are often thought of as weirdos or hipsters. I'm only the former since it's not exactly a conscious choice!

I'm sure there are others, but this has been long enough so I'll save them for another reply. As for chocolate, I can understand. I started liking chocolate less though because my tastes changed and I stopped liking sweet snacks as much. I tried Lindt's 85% dark chocolate as a keto-friendly snack and it tastes great.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    9th December 2018 02:30 PM
    Wong
    For me I love putting HP brown sauce on corned beef sandwiches.

I don't like pork/lamb chops.Name:  meat__5000232414700-t1.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  97.3 KBName:  41PrkrQXEcL._SY450_.jpeg
Size:  13.8 KB

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:38 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostOfSabotage View Post
    For me I love putting HP brown sauce on corned beef sandwiches.

I don't like pork/lamb chops.
    Name:  meat__5000232414700-t1.jpeg
Size:  97.3 KBName:  41PrkrQXEcL._SY450_.jpeg
Size:  13.8 KB
    Your Britishness is showing just a bit, haha.

For the longest time I didn't like ham because on a visit to London when I was 14 I ate ham everyday until I was quite literally sick of it. It seemed to me like everywhere I went, that was all Brits ate. I realize that isn't the case and I was probably just going to cafes over and over that served ham sandwiches.

I don't like grilled cheese or tomato soup. Somehow that offends most people, but I just don't like either flavor or the two together. Oddly enough i'm a cheesemaker myself, i freakin' LOVE cheese, just not grilled. I also hate Brie.

As for things I like...bell peppers in vinegar. Like submerged in it. I always eat that with a spoon of Skippy brand Reduced fat super chunky peanut butter, it's super sweet due to all the artificial sweeteners in it. I guess I must be pregnant or something to enjoy that particular mixture.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

7. Like TheGhostOfSabotage liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Are eggs with ketchup a common thing in the UK? I think that is so gross!!! lol

I thought of another thing I do that people think is gross but I get "relief" from it... When I have something on my skin, I have to pick it off. This is especially true on my face. So when I see a pimple or zit, even if it is painful, popping it makes me feel better. lol

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Are eggs with ketchup a common thing in the UK? I think that is so gross!!! lol

I thought of another thing I do that people think is gross but I get "relief" from it... When I have something on my skin, I have to pick it off. This is especially true on my face. So when I see a pimple or zit, even if it is painful, popping it makes me feel better. lol
    I don't think so. Sounds pretty nasty to me, although I don't like many condiments anyway.

As for the spot thing, I think a lot of people would feel an urge to pop a zit. I do it sometimes. When I was a teenager and I had acne on my back, at one point I had a girlfriend who enjoyed popping the spots, oddly. Perhaps they were like bubble wrap to her, but you're definitely not alone there.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

10. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't think so. Sounds pretty nasty to me, although I don't like many condiments anyway.

As for the spot thing, I think a lot of people would feel an urge to pop a zit. I do it sometimes. When I was a teenager and I had acne on my back, at one point I had a girlfriend who enjoyed popping the spots, oddly. Perhaps they were like bubble wrap to her, but you're definitely not alone there.
    I have done this to my husband before...
    I know it sounds gross but any kind of thing raised on skin drives me nuts and I have to get rid of it so if I know it is there, I will pick, pop, or scratch it until it is gone.

12. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:38 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Are eggs with ketchup a common thing in the UK?
    I don't know about the UK but I have cousins in both the Northeast & Southern states that do this. It seems gross to me too, but it's not a particular county or continent's thing as far as I can tell.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    10th December 2018 01:43 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    For me it's a movie called Final Fantasy : the spirits within. It's a 2001 fully handmade animation movie.
    To tell how much of a "personally love, commonly hated" it is; it still is, as of today, in the top 10 worst commercial failures of cinema.

However i love it. First there is of course the fact that i saw it at a young age. But then i love it as Final Fantasy fan because i though it was
    a tremendous (good) change in the usual FF universes but still perfectly legitimate as like all the FF games it is very different from the other in general,
    but still linked to the other by the eternal common base and easter eggs. And i think that the elements they took from the games are really well used.
    It's pretty average as a standalone but still has many good ideas. I find it also pretty refreshing compared to all the other Post-apcalyptic/horror hybrids.

You can easily watch it via streaming.
    Tell me what you think of it, and keep in mind that even though i know all its flaws, i'll defend it till i die.
    Never overestimate mankind.

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I watched The Spirits Within at the cinema back in 2001. It looked great, but otherwise I didn't like it. Maybe it's because I was only twelve years old and I wanted something like the Final Fantasy PlayStation games. It didn't seem like Final Fantasy at all, but I probably wasn't mature enough to judge it on its own merits and I should give it another go.

Anime and Steam info