ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:15 PM
    Wong

Fans Giving Other Anime Fans A Bad Name

Got thread inspiration from Mantis' response in this thread: https://www.outlawstarnex.us/showthr...lutely-dislike

I see it all the time online where anime fans will actually make other anime fans look bad to people who don't actually watch anime. That was a mouthful... lol

So what are some things you have seen some anime fans do that basically embarrasses you to say you enjoy anime? It can be general or over a particular anime series.

2. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 12:15 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    No.

I find it ridiculous to feel embarrass over liking anime simply because some dumbasses can't control their enthusiasm. It's not exclusive to anime either. I see this shit in a lot of other fanbases all the time (Hell, I remember making a thread about cancerous fandoms). Regardless, if you like something and you don't sperg over this shit, then you got nothing to worry about.

Besides, I find some of the cringy anime fans to be more funny than anything. It provides us something to point and laugh at.

Last Seen
    Today 01:58 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    To an extent I agree, Starwind. However, regarding your linked video, a lot of the people who do this kind of thing are chucklefucks, doing it for a laugh and not seriously. Often for money on YouTube. Aside from the magical girl example I'd say the more militant weeaboos are a problem. These are the kinds of people who think that Japan is the bestest country in the whole wide world, sushi is exquisite, dubs are terrible and most western cartoons and games are vile. They're a problem because they're serious about their views and are a strong part of why anime is stereotypically for naive, young or immature people.

Compare with a gaming equivalent:

Just another idiot who the media loves, and can be used as a poster child to suggest that gamers are all immature men who throw temper tantrums that can cost lives. Of course, gamers have it worse than anime watchers.

I don't think embarrassment is the main issue when it comes to other fanbases. In the case of gaming, bad behaviours in a few have led to various laws and regulations. I'm just glad that shit doesn't happen to anime, lol. Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed to mention my anime interest, but I do think the worse weeaboos do give the fanbase a considerably worse name.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Can't argue against your point about the video although with some people out there, it's tough to tell who's serious and who's joking. Still, perhaps this would've been a better example.

Fuck it, I'm contemplating on turning this thread into a cringe compilation thread.

I do agree that the weeaboo jihadist who think that Japan is the best of everything is obnoxious though is it really that much of a problem? I mean, even the most die hard anime fans, in my experience at least, look down upon these people. Every anime related thread and board that I've visited always make fun of these pricks. Usually, weeaboos tend to be young kids or awkward teens who are just trying to express themselves through their interest and end up embarrassing themselves. I wont argue that they are annoying but they are, for the most part, harmless.

I also agree that the media loves these types of gamers who lash out over retarded reasons so they can feed into the "gamers are toxic." narrative. I would like to add though that they've had a mad on for them for a long time and there is a bias going on there. I mean, seriously, just look at some of the shit sports fans do, some go as far as to riot but for some reason they get a free pass.

I guess the moral of the story is it's good to be passionate but without something to temper it or to calm it down can lead to something...embarrassing.

At least with weeaboo's they don't drive people to almost commit suicide unlike what a certain fandom did.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:14 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    There are trash people within every hobby i'll bet. In this case they aren't even bad people.....for the most part......just cringe-y. I would argue that the guys from Parking Lot Kingdom Hearts ARE bad people though, because the cringe does physical damage to me.

"Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

8. Funny Starwind55 found this post funny
    Last Seen
    9th December 2018 02:30 PM
    Wong
    Bad name makers are sad little people whom have no life beyond the one they have in their mothers basement.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:15 PM
    Wong
    I know it isn't quite anime but I remembered a lot of people being put off by Rick and Morty because of the fans. I never watched the show but seeing how some of these people acted in public is cringy. I am sure not all the fans act this way but I know it gives normal fans of the show a bad name.

I recently seen two people arguing over the hair color of an anime character on another forum and I couldn't believe how they were taking personal offense to something like that.

Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    There are trash people within every hobby i'll bet. In this case they aren't even bad people.....for the most part......just cringe-y. I would argue that the guys from Parking Lot Kingdom Hearts ARE bad people though, because the cringe does physical damage to me.

I'm sorry but that entire vid is comedy gold. It's so dorky and bad that it becomes brilliant because of it. It's like The Room of youtube videos.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:14 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    It's like The Room of youtube videos.
    I agree, but it's so painful to watch, I really struggle to look at it for long enough to analyze it very deeply.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers