ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:21 AM
    Wong

Fortnite and their legal woes

Have you hear about all the companies and people trying to go after this game with legal action?

There was PUBG, Epic Games, and now some rapper... I can't remember his name, Milly something?

What is it with people wanting to sue this game??

Last Seen
    Today 02:41 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    It's probably because they have enough money that they can afford to payout if the prosecution wins.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    It's probably because they have enough money that they can afford to payout if the prosecution wins.
    When I was younger, I just don't remember people going out of their way for easy money like this. Looking for any kind of loophole to take someone else's earnings from them. I mean I guess this plays hand in hand with how selfish people have become. I see more self-centered people today than I did just 10 years ago and they often get praise for being this way.

4. Like Zemekis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 02:41 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    When I was younger, I just don't remember people going out of their way for easy money like this. Looking for any kind of loophole to take someone else's earnings from them. I mean I guess this plays hand in hand with how selfish people have become. I see more self-centered people today than I did just 10 years ago and they often get praise for being this way.
    Not sure what time period you mean when you say "younger", but for me that's the 90's and people DEFINITELY weren't as lawyer-ed up as they are these days. Can't do a damn thing without being sued, and people purposefully walk into situations so that they can sue. I'm pretty sure that's considered entrapment. It's harder to prove that something didn't happen than that it did, so you can toss all kinds of claims at these big-ass companies and something will stick most likely.

I don't condone it.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

6. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Not sure what time period you mean when you say "younger", but for me that's the 90's and people DEFINITELY weren't as lawyer-ed up as they are these days. Can't do a damn thing without being sued, and people purposefully walk into situations so that they can sue. I'm pretty sure that's considered entrapment. It's harder to prove that something didn't happen than that it did, so you can toss all kinds of claims at these big-ass companies and something will stick most likely.

I don't condone it.
    90's was being referred... Maybe I didn't see it as much cause I didn't spend much time online or around the kinds of people who do it or read gossip. I do remember my neighbor who was also my mother's friend. She used to hang on the fence with all her weight while she talked to my mom and dad and one day, the wood snapped (she landed on her back and had a bad injury from it, she was an older woman) and she actually sued my mom over it! So I guess I was just not paying attention. Maybe this crap started in the 80's then and just had gotten worse and worse as time went on.