ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:41 AM
    Wong

How much have you spent on technology, roughly?

I know it is VERY hard to give an exact number so let us say over the last 10 years, how much do you think you spent on tech gear?

I am talking about things like computers, smart phones, gaming consoles, and other smart devices.

I don't buy a new phone as often as everyone else but I have gotten 3 in the last 10 years, which would total to be about $1000. I also got 2 laptops (another $1200 combined), a desktop build (about $1000) and some computer accessories that were likely around $400 total. So $3,600 total. I know I am missing some little things so I will just round everything up to $4,000.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:30 PM
    Wong
    £1000 more or less of the years.

Last Seen
    Today 12:53 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Off the top of my head, probably about £3000 on computers and peripherals. Maybe around £1000 on game consoles and gaming peripherals. About £1000 on phones. Then there's miscellaneous devices like the Raspberry Pi, Amazon Echo, home automation, etc. Probably £500. Oh yeah, displays and my projector too. They probably come to almost £1000.

It's all a guess, but I'd say in the region of £7000. Sounds like a lot, but spread out over a decade it isn't that much.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Off the top of my head, probably about £3000 on computers and peripherals. Maybe around £1000 on game consoles and gaming peripherals. About £1000 on phones. Then there's miscellaneous devices like the Raspberry Pi, Amazon Echo, home automation, etc. Probably £500. Oh yeah, displays and my projector too. They probably come to almost £1000.

It's all a guess, but I'd say in the region of £7000. Sounds like a lot, but spread out over a decade it isn't that much.
    I forgot about gaming consoles... lol So yeah I missed quite a many hundred there.

Look at it this way, you spent 7,000 over 10 or so years and a lot of people spend $600+ a year just on their phones cause they can't stomach to have an old model. Over 10 years, that is 6 grand (or more!) just on phones.

6. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 06:34 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Probably $20,000, but that's over the last 21 years. Several laptops, 16 consoles, 400-500 games (a good 2/3 are retro or secondhand though, not MSRP). Are we including smartphones? For many years I only spent money on game stuff & travel. I lived out in the country and it wasn't like I was going to restaurants all the time or anything. I'd say like $800/year with some years spiking up due to a laptop & phone purchase in the same year or God-forbid I get a new console and laptop on the same year.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

8. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Probably $20,000, but that's over the last 21 years. Several laptops, 16 consoles, 400-500 games (a good 2/3 are retro or secondhand though, not MSRP). Are we including smartphones? For many years I only spent money on game stuff & travel. I lived out in the country and it wasn't like I was going to restaurants all the time or anything. I'd say like $800/year with some years spiking up due to a laptop & phone purchase in the same year or God-forbid I get a new console and laptop on the same year.
    That still seems reasonable considering what you are getting. I have had to get a new phone, laptop, and wanted a new console all in one year... This was back in 2010. Boy was that not a fun time for my wallet. lol

Last Seen
    Today 10:54 AM
    Wong
    As for myself, hmmm. For the last ten years, probably $3,000. A couple of laptops, 3 or 4 smartphones, accessories that come with it, software. Yeah, probably around that figure.