Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 06:34 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong

Angry Harmless Words/Phrases/Names That Irk You on a Petty Level

I've come to the realization that there are some words/phrases that simply hit my ear the wrong way and I can't stand 'em. How about you?

content - way overused these days. Literally all media and products can fall under the umbrella-term "content" now. "I'm making 'content'." ughhhh

Internet of Things - this gets used a lot in Computer Science & the tech world in general but again, it's so broad that it doesn't mean anything. It should be "Internet-connected Devices" or something that describes what we're talking about. I have a suspicion that this term was created for the sake of someone's thesis or by some professor struggling to get published.

Phillip - least favorite name. No reason. Maybe because of how Lil pronounces it on the Rugrats cartoon. Idk

"Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    Today 01:43 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    Democraty- the only ones i don't want to hit when saying this word are middle schoolers and historians.
    Time to stop dreaming.

Fake news- if you use this saying, you're either a politician, a journalist, or someone delusional enough to think manipulation and lies (the main weapons of the two afore-mentionned professions) were invented in 2016.
    Never overestimate mankind.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:41 AM
    Wong
    "Literally" is a word that makes my skin crawl now. They had to change the definition of it because people were using it wrong. Very sad.

Another word is "Millennial". I don't like being called one, I don't like calling other people one. It has become this gross dirty name that people either love or hate and I guess I am one of the ones who hates it.

4. Like Zemekis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:15 PM
    Wong
    Yeah “literally” has lost all meaning and all the kids in my classes (especially in my new town) only use it for “literally I’m the koolest kid lolz” .

Pretty much any unnecessary abbreviation/“cute” nickname. Ugh. Also, any unnecessary abbreviation that is repeated 10 times irks me more than anything else.

Last Seen
    Today 01:43 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    Also one thing that irks me pretty good is when people use foreign language when it's unnecessary.
    Especially English, because all that "English sounds cool" thing is a weapon for politicians, economists, journalists, american imperialism and all those kinds of filth.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not against foreign languages, i'm against trading you linguistic legacy for some """"""cool""""" foreign influence that lowers
    your motivation to speak your own language properly.
    Québec is an exception, we love you Québec.
    Never overestimate mankind.

7. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:41 PM
    Wong
    Block Chain Technology is a word which really annoys me. I get to read a lot of it online pertaining to the Technology used by Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies. But no one actually knows how it works, why it was invented and who actually invented it (Satoshi Sakamoto ain't real). It's what so called crypto experts keep dropping on their articles whenever someone would ask how Bitcoin works or how it was created. Conveniently these so called experts would say that it's the result of the Block Chain Technology which is very annoying for a lot of people specially me.

Last Seen
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi2020 View Post
    Block Chain Technology is a word which really annoys me. I get to read a lot of it online pertaining to the Technology used by Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies. But no one actually knows how it works, why it was invented and who actually invented it (Satoshi Sakamoto ain't real). It's what so called crypto experts keep dropping on their articles whenever someone would ask how Bitcoin works or how it was created. Conveniently these so called experts would say that it's the result of the Block Chain Technology which is very annoying for a lot of people specially me.
    My boss is really into blockchain as well and talks about it nearly every day. I think it has some unique use cases or potential at the very least, but people need to stop throwing it around as a buzz-word because it's losing all meaning.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:41 AM
    Wong
    Know what else is losing meaning these days? Racism and sexism. The real acts of both seem to go unnoticed while people label just about anyone a racist or a sexist for being different. Like get off it already. I am sick of that. People do it so much online now too. I'd probably be called both just for being annoyed by this.

11. Like Zemekis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Know what else is losing meaning these days? Racism and sexism.
    Absolutely agree. I can hardly look in someone's direction without the fear of people throwing those labels around. I work at a university (which ought to be the center of free thought) but I'm sure you know how restrictive college environments are these days.

13. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:41 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Know what else is losing meaning these days? Racism and sexism. The real acts of both seem to go unnoticed while people label just about anyone a racist or a sexist for being different. Like get off it already. I am sick of that. People do it so much online now too. I'd probably be called both just for being annoyed by this.
    Transgender, people have been throwing this word eversince Bruce became Caitlin. Every single day I've been hearing and reading topics and news about it. I mean it, it's time to stop because no one really cares about transgenders.

15. Like Zemekis liked this post