ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    12th December 2018 09:04 PM
    Wong

Do you own a 4k tv?

I am not sure if 4k tvs have taken off yet or not. I am still using a 1920x1080 HD tv myself. I have no use for a 4k tv.
    I really don't watch it enough to justify buying it and I feel like the jump is so minimal.

2. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 08:43 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I don't as I'm happy with my 1080p projector. It's still going strong after five years and until it gives up (I'm surprised the bulb hasn't needed changing yet as I use it a lot) I'll stick with it. Also, 4K is far from becoming mainstream, so after a few more years maybe there will be a much bigger 4K library and it'll be more affordable.

Having said that, 4K televisions can often be bought a lot cheaper lately. My dad got one around a year ago. Sometimes I wonder if he prefers to get the latest products to fulfil some strange sense of pride, because since getting his 4K TV he has only just (a few days ago) watched something in 4K after signing up to Amazon Prime. And even then, streamed 4K isn't going to be nearly as good as a 4K Blu-ray. Even more puzzling is that he usually watches DVDs... on his 4K TV. Seriously, he defies logic to the nth degree and sometimes I feel like my mind's going to implode.

The moral of the story is (for people in general), if you're going to buy more expensive and advanced tech make sure you have a very good idea of what you're going to use it for beforehand. Or you'll look like my dad. That isn't a good thing.

And yeah, good thinking there. Just stick with HD for now. Even though there is a jump, it's a lot more minimal at a smaller screen size. I'd say you're only going to take real advantage of 4K by getting a screen that's over 50".
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    12th December 2018 09:04 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't as I'm happy with my 1080p projector. It's still going strong after five years and until it gives up (I'm surprised the bulb hasn't needed changing yet as I use it a lot) I'll stick with it. Also, 4K is far from becoming mainstream, so after a few more years maybe there will be a much bigger 4K library and it'll be more affordable.

Having said that, 4K televisions can often be bought a lot cheaper lately. My dad got one around a year ago. Sometimes I wonder if he prefers to get the latest products to fulfil some strange sense of pride, because since getting his 4K TV he has only just (a few days ago) watched something in 4K after signing up to Amazon Prime. And even then, streamed 4K isn't going to be nearly as good as a 4K Blu-ray. Even more puzzling is that he usually watches DVDs... on his 4K TV. Seriously, he defies logic to the nth degree and sometimes I feel like my mind's going to implode.

The moral of the story is (for people in general), if you're going to buy more expensive and advanced tech make sure you have a very good idea of what you're going to use it for beforehand. Or you'll look like my dad. That isn't a good thing.

And yeah, good thinking there. Just stick with HD for now. Even though there is a jump, it's a lot more minimal at a smaller screen size. I'd say you're only going to take real advantage of 4K by getting a screen that's over 50".
    I was looking at new monitors even and while I do see a lot of 4K ones, they really don't look all that different from full HD ones. It is weird. I guess you would have to get a larger screen to notice it. My tv I think is 47 inches or something like that. It isn't small but it isn't huge.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:08 PM
    Wong
    No, we don't own one. Do downloadable movies come in this format already? I don't know because I live under a rock. All I see are 720's and 1080 ones, so I think there is no need to purchase one yet. Maybe in the future though.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:38 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    I've got a 55" 4K tv, got it for $250 as well 2 Black Friday's ago by shopping online. The brand is sort of a no-name (Sceptre) and the audio quality was ABSOLUTE ASS from the built-in speaker, but a $20 sound bar fixed that. I'm happy with it.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers