ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    12th December 2018 09:04 PM
    Wong

Eating healthy during the holidays - is it possible?

I noticed most people over indulge this time of year. I am one of those people who doesn't like to be around more than like 2 or 3 people and eat. I am very weird. So when it comes to holiday eating, I tend to eat much less than I normally would. I sometimes even get this "phantom stomach ache" if you will when I know I have to be around people and eat. I guess this is part of my social anxiety woes? I never figured it out.

With that aside, I still do eat more junk than I should, I just do it in the form of leftovers and deserts.

Do you eat in moderation or try to be healthier about eating habits this time of year or do you just go all out?

Last Seen
    Today 08:43 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I don't think it is if you're social and you want to be sociable. If you don't get out much like me it's usually possible. If you go to a lot of holiday gatherings though, I see it as a similar situation to a vegan going to a more general restaurant with a group of meat eaters. While a lot of meat eaters will say it's fine if the vegan chooses what he/she wants, deep inside most of the people (in other scenarios too, like a meat eater with a group of vegans) will be irked, especially if the vegan expects to be taken to another restaurant for vegan-friendly food, or in the case of a dieter wanting a different meal cooked just for him/her. If a dieter takes a lunchbox that'll just be seen as rude.

So yeah, while it's possible I think realistically it will usually be frowned upon, even if in silence. I completely understand that social anxiety. I can't be around larger groups either.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:08 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I am one of those people who doesn't like to be around more than like 2 or 3 people and eat. I am very weird.

Do you eat in moderation or try to be healthier about eating habits this time of year or do you just go all out?
    Man, believe it or not, you are not alone. I'm pretty much the same as you are. I'm not comfortable hanging around with people when I eat, and I prefer to have it alone.

To answer the question, it depends on the food on the table, if its something I like I go all-out, if not, I might not even touch it and leave it to the rest of the family to consume.

5. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    12th December 2018 09:04 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    Man, believe it or not, you are not alone. I'm pretty much the same as you are. I'm not comfortable hanging around with people when I eat, and I prefer to have it alone.

To answer the question, it depends on the food on the table, if its something I like I go all-out, if not, I might not even touch it and leave it to the rest of the family to consume.
    So many people told me I was weird for not feeling comfortable eating in front of others so it is nice to know I am not alone. I am okay eating with my parents, my husband, and a few other people but that is it. In a large group or around people I don't know, I tend to eat much less if at all.

Last Seen
    10th December 2018 01:43 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    Eating what ?
    Never overestimate mankind.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:08 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    So many people told me I was weird for not feeling comfortable eating in front of others so it is nice to know I am not alone. I am okay eating with my parents, my husband, and a few other people but that is it. In a large group or around people I don't know, I tend to eat much less if at all.
    Yes, we are weird, I guess they have the right to say that because it's not the norm. One thing I don't like when eating with people especially people I don't usually eat with is the compulsory conversation you have to do. I'm not comfortable talking about my life or anything, especially with strangers.

Last Seen
    11th December 2018 11:01 AM
    Wong
    It's kind a weird but I don't overindulge or even eat alot during the Holiday Season, I eat more during summer when it's scorching hot. During this time of year, when the temp is cold, I eat sparingly. I do eat all of the holiday dishes but only a few bites of each kind. I like going to gatherings and Christmas Parties where there's a lot of food, fun and games, I like hanging around and talking to a lot of people while having some drinks, but I really can't eat a lot during Christmas Season, maybe it's the cold weather or something.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:38 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    I am planning to eat healthier but i'm entirely certain that i'll fail, lol. I've been doing much better the past month but i'll likely knockout all that progress in like 2 days come Christmas.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers