ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:04 AM
    Wong

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

I haven't celebrated it myself in years. I think it is because the traditions within my family kind of fell apart when my grandparents got sick and passed away. I would like to start up a new tradition for my future family but I really don't know what to do. I don't drink and don't like big parties. lol

Do you celebrate it? If you do, share what you do to celebrate the day/night.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:24 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I can't remember what happened last time specifically but I usually have a small get-together with my close family. This time I think (and I'll have to remind everyone to charge their batteries) we'll play a party game called Drawful 2.

If you ever get a chance to play this (or others by Jackbox) game, do it! They're excellent.

Aside from Drawful 2, it's a given but of course we'll watch the fireworks at midnight. There's a large field behind my family's house so we watch them there.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:04 AM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can't remember what happened last time specifically but I usually have a small get-together with my close family. This time I think (and I'll have to remind everyone to charge their batteries) we'll play a party game called Drawful 2.

If you ever get a chance to play this (or others by Jackbox) game, do it! They're excellent.

Aside from Drawful 2, it's a given but of course we'll watch the fireworks at midnight. There's a large field behind my family's house so we watch them there.
    I like the idea of playing a group game like that. When I was growing up as a kid, my dad always worked so my mom would have a few people over and my brothers and I would have a friend or two each and we would play bingo for prizes. It sounds boring but I had a lot of fun with it as a kid.

5. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:03 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Yep we celebrate it. I usually see family since this is the first New Year's Eve I spent in America with my wife (last 2 I was visiting her in Japan since we were just dating at the time) we had just 2 friends over for a small dinner party & to watch the ball drop. She made a shitton of food. She cooked half of a ham (like 7 or 8 lbs) in a crock pot, made Chirashizushi (First one is a google image cuz i don't have a pic of it on my work PC):

Chirashizushi
    Name:  Chirashizushi_0566a.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  73.9 KB

Toshikoshi Soba which is a New Year's Eve-specific variety of Soba. You have to finish eating it before midnight as well.
    Soba

Name:  Toshikoshi-Soba-w601.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  324.8 KB

Crock Pot ham....needs no explanation

it's ham
    Name:  crock-pot-ham-3.jpg
Size:  95.6 KB

Kimchi soup...which is Korean but whatever I like it and i ain't gonna complain if she makes it (also a Google image but it's the exact same dish)
    soup
    Name:  kimchisoup_inabowl.jpg
Size:  682.4 KB

"Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers
    Physical copies of games are far superior to digital copies

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:24 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    That looks like quite a feast. My family always has loads of food, but so much of it ends up wasted. I'd try to find some images, but to be honest despite England being the size of one of your states, we have so many different traditions (more than our accents, and that's a lot!) that one family's New Year's Eve dinner might seem very different to another's from a neighbouring town.

I think largely New Year's Eve food can overlap with Christmas food. As such, amongst other more regional food we enjoyed some Christmas favourites again, like turkey and pigs in blankets.

Name:  A5oGQU6.png
Size:  443.2 KB

Yeah yeah, also robbed from Google. It never looks as beautiful as that, but it sure tastes great.

Oh yeah, like said we did end up playing Drawful as well as some other party games from the Jackbox collections. Gotta recommend Quiplash XL.

Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:03 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    We played some Quiplash and Jackbox at Christmas, it was good fun. I also played it years ago at a "party" (7 drunks sitting around a TV). I only lived 2 blocks away but this one girl was so insistent that I couldn't walk home on my own and I had to stay over at her place 1 block away. Thankfully, I took her up on that offer.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers
    Physical copies of games are far superior to digital copies