• Why do sports players make so much money?
  • Why do sports players make so much money?

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 01:24 AM
    Wong

Why do sports players make so much money?

I have always wondering this. I get that it is part of the entertainment world but it never made sense to me that a low level professional sports player makes more than a high level doctor. It takes more education and skill to be a surgeon than it does to play a sport. They also make more than men and women who put their lives on the line like police officers and fire fighters. Makes no sense!

Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:30 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    While I agree with you on the fundamentals here, the reason behind this (i assume) is because of advertising. More people want to watch sports than watch a doctor study or perform surgery. When you have a large audience, you can advertise....thus $$$$$$. People get WAY too invested in their teams/players and buy merchandise as well. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a hoodie or beanie of their favorite hospital/doctor's office? haha. There is just more money in it and the players become minor celebrities due to people over-investment in sports.

I wish it were more logical but it just isn't.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 01:24 AM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    While I agree with you on the fundamentals here, the reason behind this (i assume) is because of advertising. More people want to watch sports than watch a doctor study or perform surgery. When you have a large audience, you can advertise....thus $$$$$$. People get WAY too invested in their teams/players and buy merchandise as well. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a hoodie or beanie of their favorite hospital/doctor's office? haha. There is just more money in it and the players become minor celebrities due to people over-investment in sports.

I wish it were more logical but it just isn't.
    I guess that is a fair point. Still one would think that these people don't need to be paid that much and the income from the sport can be reinvested in schools and colleges to help future sports athletes make it to the big leagues. It amazes me how a lot of these sports players making TONS of cash will call people out who make a 10th of what they do on being greedy as well. Not all of them are greedy and some give back in a big way but most of them are.