Should this be here?

Anyone watch it yet?

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 04:44 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Haven't seen it yet and I likely won't. I hadn't heard of it until Mantis mentioned the movie. Now that I have heard of it, I would read the manga or perhaps watch the anime, I won't watch the film simply because I don't enjoy the pacing/structure/general nature of most movies.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    Today 05:11 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Yeah, this is probably the best sub-forum for the thread. I haven't watched it, but I'm pumped because I'll be doing so tomorrow. It looks great. I'm following the controversy surrounding it and Captain Marvel. Certain people (usually liberals) adamantly defend the latter because the actress is a white male hater and the film is seen as inclusive for some reason, but it just doesn't look that good. (I'll admit bias as I'm not a superhero fan.)

On the other hand, SJWs are really mad about Alita because she's slim and pretty (as opposed to Alita: Beluga Whale or something) while ignoring the fact the Captain Marvel actress is exactly that, and that Alita is a fucking cyborg. Why wouldn't you make a cyborg slim? It's more economic...

Anyway, miserable SJWs who always need to find something to complain about aside, this looks really good and I keep hearing positive comments.

Zem, for someone who's far more social than me, I find it peculiar that you don't enjoy one of the best social mediums: films, and watching them with others. Each to their own of course, but why do you like anime films and not live action?
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 05:11 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Those plans to see Alita almost a month ago were cancelled. I finally got around to watching it at the cinema this morning, and god damn, that was amazing, though I'm not going into the story as I'd probably spoil it. I can say that almost all members here (anime fans) would enjoy it, unless they're one of those weeaboo killjoys who hate anything western.

The CGI on Alita is remarkable and she blends into the film really well. Compelling storyline. Sure, it has a few clichés but they did a good job of it. There's lots of female cyborg anime and manga (in particular I remember She, The Ultimate Weapon) which probably wouldn't appeal to most western audiences, but in this case the translation is on point.

I'm not sure how it compares to the manga. I'd like to get the manga, but a part of me doesn't want to because I don't want to spoil the Alita sequels.

Alita is a strong female protagonist. It's ridiculous that SJWs have a problem with her. At least this CGI girl can achieve a far greater range of facial expressions than a bored human being.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    8th April 2019 01:17 AM
    Wong
    This movie has been getting a lot of good word of mouth so I saw it earlier this week and was surprised. For a Hollywood manga adaptation it was really good. Turned into one of my wife's favorite new movies and it's a pain to get her excited about anything lol.

Still don't like the...

Battle Angel-nxazczs-gif

but it's not that distracting in motion.

Overall there are a couple of areas I could nitpick but it was mostly really fun.
    Life is demanding, without understanding.

Last Seen
    9th April 2019 03:33 PM
    Wong
    Saw it in theatres, it was far better than I expected. It's by far the best anime/manga adaptation we've had yet, unfortunately that isn't saying much.