Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:54 AM
    Wong
    The last anime I have watched is Hunter x Hunter 2011 the reboot. You should see Hunter x Hunter 2011 as it has excellent animation and more up to date with the manga. Lastly, you should finish off with the manga since the anime ended when the manga has not yet completed.

Last Seen
    9th December 2018 12:41 PM
    Wong
    I just finished watching Boruto ep 71. It's an ongoing series which is a continuation of the Naruto Shippuden storyline. This episode was about the 5 kage summit and the missing ex kage of the Land of Stone who eventually met Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki. I'm also watching a new spring anime series titled "How not to summon a demon lord". It's entertaining but it's like a tamed version of Overlord.

Last Seen
    Today 12:15 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    So last night I watched a one-shot anime called Bio-Hunter. It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers and it's up to a doctor (Whose voice I swear sounds like the voice of Tenchi in the Tenchi Muyo english dubs) and his partner who is also infected with the virus and turns into a uncontrollable monster whose googley eyes actually make it more silly than intimidating. Still, it's a good watch. It actually has a decent focus on the leads attempts to try to contain the beast within. I'm a sucker for Jekyll and Hyde type stories so it was neat to see it here, especially since you don't see this type of story in anime too often. It's still pure 90s era anime at it's finest and has everything you associate with edgy type anime from that era, namely tits and gore and this show has plenty of both. If you miss that type of anime or if you ever thought to yourself, "Y'know, I like The Incredible Hulk but it could use more gore, boobies and man ass" then give this show a spin.

4. Agree Zemekis agreed with this post
    Last Seen
    21st October 2018 04:23 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    The last anime I have watched is Hunter x Hunter 2011 the reboot. You should see Hunter x Hunter 2011 as it has excellent animation and more up to date with the manga. Lastly, you should finish off with the manga since the anime ended when the manga has not yet completed.
    As you can tell by my avatar, I 100% agree with this. I love HxH. Fantastic series. Just...don't expect the manga to proceed quickly. The writer has taken multiple year long hiatuses due to illness.

As for me, I've just been keeping up with My Hero Academia's anime and manga. Loving it.

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    Wong
    I recently came across Kingdom, it's the first time I've heard about it and was quite surprised when I found out that it ran for 3 seasons. It's a historical anime about China's warring states where the young Quin King and a slave boy became allies. I've just finished s1 eps 1-4 and it's a good one.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:14 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Any of y'all seen Serial Experiments Lain?
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    Wong
    In my opinion the 3rd season of Baki: The Grappler being aired weekly on Netflix is one of the best Martial Arts based Animes ever produced. I just finished watching season 3 episode 14, it's where Biscuit Oliva the Cuban Hunter also called as Unchained and Yujiro Hanma - The Worlds Strongest Fighter helps Baki in saving his girlfriend who was kidnapped by a Russian fighter and death row inmate Sikorsky. It's one very enjoyable series. Seasons 1 and 2 pales in comparison with it's season 3.

Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    So there's a few shows I've been watching. First up is The World Only God Knows. It's a cute show. Basically a guy who is only interested in dating sims ends up with in a contract with a cute as a button demon to track down loose souls that escaped hell and are occupying the bodies of various girls and, in order to catch them and set the girls free, he has to get the girl to fall in love with him so he sets off making them fall for him using his dating sim expertise. The first season is entertaining but it gets formulaic and it gets better in the later season, especially the 2nd season where he finds a girl that doesn't fall under any typical dating sim female character category and we learn a bit why he retreats to his games. Overall, it's a good show if you want something that's a bit more on the lighter side.

I've also been watching Fastest Finger First. It's about a kid who joins up with a quiz team and attends various quiz matches. When I first read the premise, it sounded incredibly boring. Kids doing quizes for 30 minutes? Who the hell would want to watch this crap? Well, I'm about 8 or 9 episodes in and it's...pretty damn good actually. I don't know what they did to make it entertaining to watch but they somehow did. The way they set up the quiz matches is fun, especially that there's apparently a skill they learn where you can know the answer to a question by just hearing how the question is structured and the wording use. I wont lie, I was even on edge where the lead is trying to figure out the answer under the time limit and I found myself going "Answer it, damn you! ANSWER IT!!". It's not going to set the world on fire but check it out and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised like I was.

And finally, there is Goblin Slayer. Only 1 episode has been released so far but hot damn, did I like what I saw. In a way, it's a show that kind of harkens back to the edgy anime of the 80s and 90s that had gratuitous sex and gore. Now, the show doesn't get quite as explicit but it gets close. In a way, it kind of tricks you since the design looks like something you'd see in modern fantasy anime and JRPGs and then it pulls the rug under you and says "Oh, look we got a nice fantasy adventureSURPRISE!! WELCOME TO 80s/90s EDGE, BITCH!!" That, and what we get is quite possibly the most stone cold lead character that I've seen in a long time in anime. The title character only exists to kill goblins. He thinks they're nothing but horrible, evil pieces of shit that needs to be killed on site. There's even a moment where he encounters goblin children. Does he spare them? Pfft, like he gives a fuck.

Name:  Goblin+slayer+anyone+know+when+the+5th+volume+of+goblin_d2bbd3_6539029.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  485.2 KB

If this show can keep this style up for the rest of the series then this will easily be my favorite anime of the year. If you want something that feels like the edgy anime of yesteryear, then this show is probably about as close as you're gonna get.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:14 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Actually laughed out loud to this ^
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

11. Funny Starwind55 found this post funny
    Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    If only I was born earlier, I could've had a career writing synopses on the back of VHS box covers.