Last Seen
    Today 06:34 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Might need to add that into my signature on here
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 06:15 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    You can have that for free my good man.

3. Drink to This! Zemekis would drink to this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:41 PM
    Wong
    FFF is a surprisingly good anime, I finished the first season and completely forgot about checking if it has a second one. I'm enjoying Goblin Slayer just finished with episode 9 last night, were they trashed the portal to the Goblin Land killing a legion of goblins in the process.

Last Seen
    8th December 2018 01:46 PM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    Atm, my favourite currently airing anime that I'm watching includes...

Golden Kamuy is a half action/drama half wacky comedy adventure series about a group of people hunting for a hidden treasure where the map is tattoed across the backs of many escaped convicts, leading them into conflict with criminals, crazed nutjobs and other groups who are after the treasure. S1 starts a little slow, but is great and so far the second season looks like it has no breaks on the fun express. I'm really sad that season 2 is being completely overshadowed by all the new shows, but it's to be expected. Having said that it really stands out as pure quality every episode this season.

JoJo Part 5: Golden Wind which I don't think needs any introduction. It's more JoJo. If you don't know JoJo's Bizarre Adventure I'd be suprised, but either way, if you're not an avid fan of the show, you're probably not gonna be watching part 5. If you want to start it, be aware that part 1 (only 9 episodes thank god) is pretty bad but then from part 2 onwards the series vastly improves. I almost dropped it in part 1 and so glad I didn't because it's one of my all time favourite anime at this point. It's got such a unique and crazy style to it. In terms of description it's mostly an action show that at one point was about buff dudes hitting each other 'reeeeeeeeal hard' and now it's about buff dudes (and dudettes) summoning inner spirit like beings called Stand powers (if you've played persona... they're personas. Pretty sure the persona series was inspired by JoJo tbh) that start off generic but at this point all have such unique and interesting abilities (reminds me a little of HxH but much less of an intellegent power system, more specific powers, restrictions and abilities) which make each and every fight highly entertaining and a big event in their own right. And of course in terms of style, storytelling and characters it really earns the name Bizarre.

That time I got reincarnated as a slime. I was skeptical. Went in expecting another mediocre 'in another world' anime and instead got a unique, genuinly funny, interesting and well written experience that honestly strikes me as one of the best this genre has seen, period. If you aren't yet completely sick of isekai and enjoy lighthearted action and comedy this one is worth a try.

----
    Other series that I'm watching atm:

Banana Fish is a drama series about gang wars and drug crime. It could also be described as a mafia heist anime where the assorted cast of reporters, street gang members, japanese pole jumpers and more that make up the main characters try to take on the mafia who have their own schemes. The action and characters are quite good. It has been a really fun experience and it's a good show, glad it didn't end on the first cour, but at the same time the second half is really stretching out.
    Many episodes repeat what we've already seen a thousand times. Ash Lynx being on the verge of a Marty Stu who is perfect at everything, but gets captured anyways and then saved (mostly by himself) for the 100th time, badguys getting rekt and the main baddie saying the same three lines berating other baddies for underestimating ash 'he's a wild beast' 'i will make him mine' 'i will kill him with my own hands' and then everytime he captures him, falling for the same stuff and letting ash slip through his fingers again and getting shot (but not fatally because he has plot armor until the end of the anime despite every other baddy being 360 noscoped).
    Seems like I dislike it, but I don't. That's just my big frustrating nitpick. Aside from that the show is entertaining and in the way the show being stretched out is also a blessing because I enjoy the characters and want to see more of them. Just the first half was much stronger.

Space Battleship Tiramisu is a fun comedy anime. One of those 'around ten minutes' anime that is just there to make a quick joke/gag and leave. There is a sort of overrarching story, but it's not really the main point. Most of the comedy rests on introducing a serious plot element and then almost completely ignoring that in favour of having the characters get completely caught up in extremely mundane everyday life stuff. An example being (not from the show, I'm just making this up) if someone were to launch into a spacebattle and accidentally spilt soy sauce on their screens and realizing they ran out of wet wipes. The characters react to this mundane stuff with the amount of seriousness and thought you'd expect from a shonen hero/villain reacting to a big plot event/fight etc. If that sounds like your kinda fun, watching even a few eps will barely eat up any time.

Baki (2018) is a show I kinda wish I'd started from the beginning. Turns out Baki (2018) isn't a new show or a reboot. It's a continuation from a show called Baki The Grappler, which is a crazy action anime about a boy becoming the strongest fighter in the world (or rather just wants to be a little bit stronger than his asshole dad who just so happens to be the strongest being in the world).
    Unfortunately I am coming at this from the perspective of someone who has missed out on the entire series. But I will say that despite all the focus on callbacks to characters I don't really know about, I was still able to follow along the story (as this season is mostly self contained and doesn't focus too much on previous events) and it has been an enjoyable anime.
    This story arc is about 5 of the worlds most dangerous serial killers who have never known defeat moving to tokyo so that they may face the strongest martial artists in the world and finally know defeat. Baki and the other martial artists of varying styles and skill must take on these dudes, this time with no rules or regulations. Just a good ol fashioned fight where anything goes and any place, any time.
    The main caveats for me of course is sometimes they'll make a big event out of having previous characters from the series show up out of nowhere and affect the story in a big way which feels cheap if you don't expect it but that's mostly on me accidentally not realizing I'm essentially watching a new season of a long running series. Also they use very very bad cgi during some fights which can be extremely distracting, but over the season they've used it less and less which I'm glad about.

I'm also watching One Piece up to date, but I really doubt I have to write anything about that. Unless you're a One Piece fan who hasn't caught up yet, in which case oh boy get ready for one of the best villains in the entire show.

Last Seen
    Today 06:34 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    currently watching the ongoing season of Sword Art Online, what has been released of Attack on Titan season 3 so far, the 2 new seasons of FLCL, Twin Peaks, and Serial Experiments Lain.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers