Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    8th April 2019 08:48 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong

RE: What film have you just watched?

I appreciate the vote of confidence Mantis, very kind of you.
    But if you'll recall...I liked Scary Movie 3.
    So yeah, there's that. :'(
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

This was a good idea Mantis.

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 07:42 PM
    Wong

Quote Originally Posted by AsherTheWilliams
    I appreciate the vote of confidence Mantis, very kind of you.
    But if you'll recall...I liked Scary Movie 3.
    So yeah, there's that. :'(
    Bahahaha!

Still, at least it's not one of those other godawful 'spoofs'... 'Meet The Spartans', anyone (meet my ****ing refund)? 'Epic Movie' (about as epic as taking a ****; how fitting)?

About to watch The Grudge (JP) for the first time in a couple of years (although it's barely gone midday; ffffff), because someone mentioned it to me last night regarding a specific scene.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    Today 01:16 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

They were done by the same people, right? It's really no surprise. If you liked The Grudge, I remember a good Japanese one called Black Water. (If memory serves.) Then of course, my favourite guy, Takashi Miike. He directed Audition and Ichi the Killer. Seriously though, they're not for the faint-hearted.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Wong

Dark Water*

I already have that.

Also got Audition, some odd stuff indeed. The trailer in particular (which is on almost every Japanese horror DVD) was particularly bizarre; it featured the ringing telephone and the 'amazing living bag'.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    Today 01:16 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Oh, so you have watched it? I tried to get my ex-girlfriend to watch it with me and told her it wasn't that bad. Honestly, I didn't want to watch another stupid Hollywood superhero film or something. She doesn't tend to like older or less common films. When she saw the dog near the end, she said, "Fuck you!" and stormed off.

I suppose that more or less sums it up. It also tells me I need a girlfriend that's less of a wimp in future. Then again, it is a pretty sick film and I was a terrible boyfriend for inviting her to watch it.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    7th August 2016 12:06 AM
    Wong

^ Regardless of how bad the situation must have seemed at the time, at least you got a funny story to tell from it xD.
    Has anyone seem requiem for a dream? i just watched it last night, its a pretty disturbing...but good film!
    Chang Wufei: I do not intend to fight. Now hurry up and retreat

Duo Maxwell: The god of death shall rise again but for now. I need some sleep...

Gildarts: Fear is not evil… It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger

Last Seen
    Wong

Can't say I have, but I've heard good things about it.

Watched 'Jaws' last night, then left it on repeat three times in a row as background noise while messing around and not having much fun shooting teleporting Mexicans on Halo.

Last Seen
    7th August 2016 12:06 AM
    Wong

Its pretty, how would ya describe it... graphic!

Must'a been pretty good music for when you were sneaking up on them though eh?.
    dunuh. dunuh. dunuh dunuh dunuh, *baron shoots teleporting Mexican in the face*
    Chang Wufei: I do not intend to fight. Now hurry up and retreat

Duo Maxwell: The god of death shall rise again but for now. I need some sleep...

Gildarts: Fear is not evil… It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger

Last Seen
    Wong

On the first server joined, yes. Then for whatever reason we were shuffled to some EUR server filled with Mexicans, Brazilians and Colombians, all with pings of OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND, which (unlike almost every other game imagineable) gave them the advantage. And to make it worse, it was a horrible server with the only weapons being Sniper Rifles. Yeah...

So! Actually scoring a hit (never mind a kill) was very satisfying, given the tremendous difficulty in doing so. One thing I started laughing at was at the moment I headshot someone in-game, the infamous 'head in the boat' scene in the movie was playing.

Last Seen
    Wong

House Of Flying Daggers.

You MUST see this.