Thread: Winter

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:58 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Winter

Discuss. I hate colds. In fact, I have a rather bad one right now. Anyone here who prefers the winter months to summer? This forum needs more discussion. Hm... what would be your holiday destination of choice?

I was talking to a couple of people from New Zealand. I was instantly made jealous by how they have a beach house so nearby and how sunny it is right now. XD I'd choose to go somewhere hot/warm as I've only been to France outside of the UK. Barbados, Belize, maybe Florida or Sydney. That's just a dream though if I don't stop spending money on gadgetry! The best I can hope for is somewhere in Europe sometime soon.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    7th August 2016 12:06 AM
    Wong

RE: Winter

Winter is awesome at times, go on a ski holiday and its amazing ^_^

New Zealand, now there's a place id love to go! been to Australia and had a great time there ^_^ if it wasn't for the very long, tedious travelling, id love to go again.
    Chang Wufei: I do not intend to fight. Now hurry up and retreat

Duo Maxwell: The god of death shall rise again but for now. I need some sleep...

Gildarts: Fear is not evil… It tells you what your weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 07:42 PM
    Wong

I usually much prefer Winter. Hot weather often puts me in a bad mood (and I literally have to put myself away somewhere if it's humid with it). Outside, I burn easier than anything should.

For these reasons, my ideal holiday destinations are anywhere with a similar climate, although I'll go to certain places for certain attractions (which is why I've been to Florida).
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:58 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

I dunno, I guess I like it when it's sunny, and the sun is setting here at 4.30PM. I'm all up for exploring different cultures with different climates, so I'm sure I'll come to enjoy the winter eventually. The max temperature I've had to deal with has been nearly 35 degrees Celsius at Paris. I imagine it'll be way hotter than that at the places I mentioned by I enjoyed the weather at that temperature. I usually carried a few litres of water with me at all times so it worked out well.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Wong

Florida is manageable. It's hot, but comfortable.

Cyprus on the other hand... oh, what a ***** that turned out to be. I had to shift my sleeping by a full 12 hours to avoid the daytime and get anything from my time there.

Which wasn't so bad in the end, as there was someone with a similar sleeping pattern. We'd just play in the arcade then sit out by the roadside waffling nonsense for several hours... and place rocks in the middle of the road to catch out speeders.

Dohoho.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    22nd February 2013 03:00 AM
    Wong

I hate winter. Iowa is currently in a state wide blizzard alert, and it's been snowing nonstop for the past two days. Lots of colds, subzero temperatures, and ugly parkas.
    "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer

Last Seen
    16th February 2011 07:44 PM
    Wong

Winter suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I love summer cause all you need is a light jacket and it's so nice going outside! I love that temperature where you can't feel the air, it's like neither warm nor cold.

Last Seen
    1st August 2011 04:03 PM
    Wong

I like the fall best. Its not too hot or cold, but then again I live Arkansas, so weather is always weird here. Its goes from snowing one day to 70 degrees the next. XD

Last Seen
    Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodylilcorpse
    I like the fall best. Its not too hot or cold, but then again I live Arkansas, so weather is always weird here. Its goes from snowing one day to 70 degrees the next. XD
    You should look at what the UK throws around at times. Different areas can have several completely different conditions in the course of a single day.

Last Seen
    18th April 2018 06:14 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong

The bitter cold makes me smile.
    Since it let's me know that summer is very, very far away.
    Texas in the summer...yeah.

I've always wanted to go to Jerusalem myself...might not be the most...hospitable place though.
    That and Kyoto. Seems like a neat place to be.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator

This was a good idea Mantis.