Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    11th October 2017 06:47 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    I feel you.
    That whole Illuminati mess is problematic to say the least.

True April Tom-foolery requires much planning and foresight indeed... which is why I didn't do any shenanigans myself. lol

Never fear tho!
    If you feel some Groundhogs Day stuff goin' down, just let us know.
    WE'LL BREAK THE CURSE 2-GEF-THER!
    Name:  breaking curse.gif
Views: 63
Size:  2.00 MB
    one way or another...
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

This was a good idea Mantis.

2. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 02:33 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Journal, it's been a while... well, not really. A month and a half isn't much, but it feels like a while since nobody else updates their bloody diaries lately! Lately I've been working on the manga a lot, but I really underestimated the amount of work that can go into this when you're working from multiple sources. I'm also way behind schedule but I intend to make up for that by releasing a couple of huge batches until I'm back on track. As far as the transcribing goes (copying words), I've typed around 10,000 words so far, which might not seem like much but when you're touch-typing with one hand and holding a book in front of you with the other it takes a while. My document got big enough to start causing Word to overload (though I was using Word 2003!) so I had to change my word processor.

Having said that, I never intended to just whine about the process because I've found it very rewarding so far. Being able to read the manga as I go along is seriously fun, and knowing what will come from this is even more enjoyable if it gets the complete manga in hundreds (thousands?) of fans' hands. In other more personal Outlaw Star news, I ordered a kickass Firecat canvas that I had to touch up as the original scan had imperfections, but I can tell this will look awesome. I'm running out of spaces though. Maybe I should start utilising my ceilings.

Weather's getting good. I finally got out my air cooler again. I'm a bit careful about opening my windows more often however, since Mel has been hyperactive lately (all sorts of acrobatics) and I fear he's becoming an escape artist. Old classmate contacted me the other day, but I already knew he wanted some computer-related favour from me. It's easy to tell this when their supposed interest in your well-being is very brief. They just show up out of the blue for no apparent reason... until there is one, and the only one. Surely I'm not the only one around here that hates this? He was very quick to ask if I still have some components I said I was going to give away nearly a year ago. I do, but I told him I sold them.

Anyone ever thought of leaving and starting life anew? I'd love to become a digital nomad in the future.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Today 10:23 AM
    Wong
    Have a good friend that is great with computers, and I'm sure he feels the same way you do lol. I have asked him to help me with computer stuff plenty of times, but I don't feel as bad since im actually good friends with him, and don't have the situation you do lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I felt something on one of my bare feet earlier. My cat sometimes sneaks around and might rub against things. For the better part of half an hour I just ignored it and knew it was Mel messing around. Afterwards Mel kept bashing into my wheelie chair. He was trying to get something underneath it. There was a large spider. I found some paper and crushed it. The fact that it was probably that crawling about on my foot makes me shudder just a little.

Finally got round to getting in touch with the Ombudsman Services. Some time ago I mentioned how my power company had charged me insane amounts of money for electricity I know I didn't use. Well, they refunded that but put it back onto my account and froze it. Turns out there was almost $6000 of other charges that are just "frozen" for now, and the amount I'm paying every month is probably more than I should be paying. Hopefully if the Ombudsmen sort this out and get me a refund on all my overcharges as well as some compensation for this whole hassle, I can work something out with the company. I've also requested a smart meter, something they should have given me long ago. I'm not sure how this will work out, but honestly I'm prepared to take it to court if they don't come up with a reasonable proposal.

Name:  84a48538b475b58028951a20094e5b2c7873074b_hq.gif
Views: 36
Size:  20.6 KB
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Why not make fwends with the spider?
    Name:  giphy (2).gif
Views: 33
Size:  1.88 MB
    Opportunity lost... lul.

7. Disagree Mantis disagreed with this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Can't sleep right now. It's a bit humid. I'm using my phone but I might as well post and pass a little time, for today has been quite a day.

Today I travelled across the country and received news I've been waiting nearly a decade for. When I stayed at a hospital (as some of you will know) late last year it was for a preliminary operation. It was a long one and they placed some probes in my brain. For the following few weeks I was monitored, and most importantly my brain activity. For the past several months the surgical team has assessed this data and everything else from over the years. Without evidence to support a hypothesis they wouldn't be able to operate.

Fortunately it worked out and I'm getting surgery in either March or (less likely) January. Apparently it took a lot of work since they were challenging popular opinions and my brain's behaviour has contradicted that. The main neurosurgeon produced a new hypothesis that when I have a seizure it travels from one side of my brain (temporal lobe which has the two hemispheres) to the other, then produces the symptoms. This was proven in over 90% of cases from my monitoring. In short, I'm a very good lab rat for them since it's extremely rare that a brain acts this way.

There's a 2/3 chance I'll be seizure-free, and otherwise (mostly) a significant reduction. Of course, there are risks but after all of this I'd accept the surgery no matter the risk. My life depends on it since this has been no way to live.

It's been a great day. No matter the problem, never give up. If you can't find it now there's a missing piece of the puzzle you'll find with time. When I have my op it'll only be a few months from the decade mark. Some people have had this godforsaken illness for much longer, but they're managing. It goes for everything in life. Whatever the case, don't let it defeat you.

Anime and Steam info

9. You're Winner! AsherTheWilliams thought that this post's writer are winner!
    Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    The brain is a complex and fascinating organ... and I don't understand it at all!
    But it's good to hear that you're gaining a far deeper knowledge of your own head HUD than most of us will ever know.
    I'll be pulling for your further progress and successes.

11. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    For the past two months or so I've neglected a lot of things. I don't know why but I've been at one of my lowest points with my depression. It's something that's affected me for years but it's been manageable. Perhaps in the last month it's got worse with the surgery news, which is really weird since it's the best news I've received in several years. Perhaps self-consciously I'm focusing on the "what ifs" of surgery going wrong. It's not exactly a thought I could be talked out of happening since I'm not aware of thinking it. Last night I was ill (tonic-clonic seizure, makes me feel like I've been hit by a train with cuts and bruises to boot) so I decided to stay with family.

Now I'm back, but honestly I'm not sure if there's anything positive to add here. I guess it is a journal though.

Anime and Steam info

13. Like Lightfreed liked this post
    Last Seen
    28th September 2017 02:46 PM
    Wong
    Sounds like you have more to gain than lose. If anything, the research you've contributed to will help other people in need as well. Though socially inept, would love to meet you to congratulate you after the surgery someday. Wouldn't mind hosting you and other outlaws as well. For me, focusing on my business and freedom dreams is allowing me to wake up everyday. Unlike the end of last year. Gotta get that dragonite. How do you want to ultimately live your life? I want that adventure and to travel more internationally. You may be down but an outlaw doesn't give up.

15. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Yeah, I've been told it will definitely help. I'd really enjoy meeting with some of the UK members here perhaps in the second half of 2018, but you're in the US, right? I'd also like to travel to America sometime. Yeah, I understand what you mean about business/freedom/dreams. Hopefully once I'm able-bodied enough I'll be able to start going abroad again and I like the idea of working somewhere else in the world. That might be a while off as I should wait until I'm "in the clear" after the surgery. I'd like to work digitally and move at least once a year. If you like the idea of travelling a lot, haven't you considered doing something like this? You're not so tied down like with a physical business. You can take it with you and I've watched various documentaries about English communities in other countries for people who do this kind of work.

Come to think of it, it's probably the nearest thing to being an outlaw in this world too.

Anime and Steam info

17. Like Lightfreed liked this post