Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 08:16 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Just be thankful that you don't live in Minnesota. It's been warmer than normal but this coming week it's going to plummet to the single digits! You've never experience cold weather until you live through a Minnesota winter.

I'll try to make the books go easy on you. I've been looking at the selection on the Patreon page and these caught my eye.

Name:  books11.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  334.6 KB

I've seen a number of the doujins and books you've posted but I've never seen these. It's rare to hear about the non-adult doujins so I'd be curious to see what these are like. Material of Outlaw Star would be cool too since I'm always a sucker for concept art.

2. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 12:40 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I might have mentioned another tenant in a previous entry. Well, this particular man has been here for the full duration of my stay. He lives below me and is one of the biggest hooligans of the area. (He's been arrested for violent acts, smashing windows, so forth.) Today, a piece of paper fell from my letterbox. To be honest I'm not certain it's from him, but the only other tenant close enough to make this kind of complaint is an old couple opposite me, and surely they couldn't be this stupid. (Listen to this while reading for maximum effectiveness.)

Name:  okaywhat.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  263.3 KB

It's difficult to understand this. At first I was more willing to consider his request as he started with the polite "please", but then he called my music shit. Problem is, I wasn't even listening to music today. I watched an episode of Lost, but that wasn't even that loud. I just... I don't even...
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
    Last Seen
    23rd June 2018 12:53 PM
    Wong
    Well, that was an unpleasant experience but thank you for posting. We should pool all our money together and send him to school again.
    Info about me

6. Agree Mantis agreed with this post
    Last Seen
    Today 08:16 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    And this folks is why you don't do drugs. I have a feeling that the slip might've been for someone else but then again, anything can happen from a guy who can't write a coherent sentence.

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    This is a fairly small building in this complex. Probably everyone here knows who lives where, so it was definitely meant for me. I just don't know for certain who it's from, though as said above it seems highly likely that it's from the guy below me.

Also, "boo boo boo"? Is there some new toddler tenant I never heard about?

Name:  3mZb.gif
Views: 66
Size:  1.07 MB

Actually, that would make sense since my six-year-old niece can write better English than that.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Back to normality, I was going through my phone photos and I remembered that I got my nephew a box set of Zelda manga for his birthday. Well, he's crazy about Zelda and also a very smart and articulate kid. He's already read a lot of it and he got used to the right-to-left format almost instantly.

Name:  IMG_20180526_193140.jpeg
Views: 63
Size:  78.6 KB

It sort of reminded me of my childhood. I never got things as cool as a manga collection, but I loved getting Sonic comics (Sonic's also an interest of his, but the old man inside me wishes it wasn't modern Sonic) and other memorabilia. I still have a lot of my old books. Sonic the Comic in the UK really was miles better (no pun intended) than the US counterpart.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    19th September 2018 06:42 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    It's pretty impressive that this thread has been going since early 2011. Haven't read all of it, but I'm glad I skipped here and saw the creepy neighbor message somebody left you a few months ago. Did anything ever come of that? It's so disturbing. It's really childish and poorly written...which is less creepy if it IS a child but CREEPIER if it's an adult.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

11. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Well, today hasn't been my best day. Shortly after noon I was in my kitchen and when turning, my right kneecap just gave and I collapsed. Hurt like hell. To make matters worse my mother was visiting today and was almost there. One of my neighbours ended up letting her into in the building but I had to drag myself to my front door to unlock it.

After explaining what happened my mother called the hospital. They said they'd send an ambulance as soon as possible but it took nearly three hours. I could barely move. Eventually I was sat against a wall and the paramedics gave me this painkilling gas. It worked pretty well and I shuffled down some stairs and into a wheelchair. The hospital was very busy so I was there for a while. I saw a classmate who I hadn't seen in thirteen years and had become a nurse. After a couple of hours I was taken to get an X-ray. God damn that was a pain.

After another hour I got my results. My leg is okay, hooray! However, it is very bruised and swollen. I've been given crutches and told I need to wear them for three months. They aren't easy. For a while (not sure exactly) I'm staying with family. This is a pain because I have a couple of projects to work on (including the manga) that I can only do at home. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    It's pretty impressive that this thread has been going since early 2011. Haven't read all of it, but I'm glad I skipped here and saw the creepy neighbor message somebody left you a few months ago. Did anything ever come of that? It's so disturbing. It's really childish and poorly written...which is less creepy if it IS a child but CREEPIER if it's an adult.
    No, there's been nothing since. Though a new tenant is currently battling a woman from the lower floor. She's a bit... different. You'll often hear her screaming for no apparent reason and she has a problem with the new guy. She keeps banging her ceiling to get his attention. He comes storming out and she calls him a muppet, then he says he's going to kill her if she does it again. I'd rather let them keep at it and see what comes of this.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:42 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I might have mentioned another tenant in a previous entry. Well, this particular man has been here for the full duration of my stay. He lives below me and is one of the biggest hooligans of the area. (He's been arrested for violent acts, smashing windows, so forth.) Today, a piece of paper fell from my letterbox. To be honest I'm not certain it's from him, but the only other tenant close enough to make this kind of complaint is an old couple opposite me, and surely they couldn't be this stupid. (Listen to this while reading for maximum effectiveness.)

Name:  okaywhat.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  263.3 KB

It's difficult to understand this. At first I was more willing to consider his request as he started with the polite "please", but then he called my music shit. Problem is, I wasn't even listening to music today. I watched an episode of Lost, but that wasn't even that loud. I just... I don't even...
    I couldn't help but laugh at this. Is that tenant a 13 year old boy?

I could never live in an apartment complex. It would drive me nuts. I don't mind living in a split duplex or a double but to have that many people living so close to me, it would end up making me bitter and mean. People tend to only consider themselves and I am the type to feel guilty for being too loud or something. I had a friend who lived in an apartment before she bought her house. Every time I went there the hallway smelled like weed and someone was blasting horrible rap music.

14. Agree Mantis agreed with this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    After spending a few days with family my leg's a lot better now. I'm still taking care and avoiding turning quickly. Like instructed by the doctor I'll have to continue using my crutches for a while. I look forward to seeing my cat again in the coming days. (Family went to feed him.) I might need to invest in a proper bed, too.

I've been taking it easy while waiting for the pain to subside. Honestly, I've worried about activity stagnating in my absence, so I've got to thank you guys for keeping it active. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant of me, but this has become a part-time job, and trust me, in the past I have seen Nexus become a ghost town after leaving it unattended for a while.

Anime and Steam info