Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    7th September 2017 07:28 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    Done with Facebook? Well, don't feel bad because Facebook forced me not to come back after they locked me out of my accounts after a couple of wrong password attempts. Work been overwhelming these past couple weeks and won't die down until September. Can't wait for GoT this Sunday and hoping we might see a dragon fight the Lannisters forces. Little fingers crossed.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:21 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Yup, I've been wanting to free myself of Facebook for years now. It was just my business pages and of course Outlaw Star Nexus that were holding me back. That's the real shame about it. They really monopolised the whole customer relations side of business and are strangleholding a lot of business owners because of that. They're also pretty desperate once you decide to leave. Something along the lines of: "We won't delete your account (or page) yet, but if you really do want to leave after fourteen days come back, confirm that and we'll do it." No, you idiots, if I click "delete account" I want to delete my account. I realise a lot of people are emotionally charged (which I've witnessed many times) on Facebook and "delete" their accounts after a tantrum and then return the next day, but if they really make the decision to leave, let them! If anything it will teach them a lesson to not react that way.

It looks like Facebook did it for you, but sorry to hear you can't actually get back into your account to tell people about that. Yeah, I'm also anticipating that fight and it looks like the dragons will face quite the challenge in the form of giant crossbows.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Not much going on today. For some reason I've been really tired, but I spent the last few hours transcribing the manga. I ordered a book stand from Amazon actually which should come on Friday. It's supposed to hold just about any book open which will make all of this a lot easier. The only bad news is that I've got pretty good at typing one-handed by doing this with nearly five hundred pages typed out so far, so it seems I'll no longer get stat boosts for that skill! I think I'll work on some Outlaw Star "renders" for a while. It's a real throwback to 2010 when I did a similar thing...

Name:  logo01.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  46.9 KBName:  logo06.jpg
Size:  52.4 KBName:  logo05.jpg
Size:  45.8 KBName:  logo04.jpg
Size:  47.3 KBName:  logo03.jpg
Size:  45.0 KBName:  logo02.jpg
Size:  51.2 KBName:  logo12.jpg
Size:  54.2 KBName:  logo11.jpg
Size:  50.7 KBName:  logo10.jpg
Size:  52.7 KBName:  logo09.jpg
Size:  49.8 KBName:  logo08.jpg
Size:  51.2 KBName:  logo07.jpg
Size:  45.7 KBName:  logo17.jpg
Size:  85.9 KBName:  logo16.jpg
Size:  51.5 KBName:  logo15.jpg
Size:  53.7 KBName:  logo14.jpg
Size:  54.9 KBName:  logo13.jpg
Size:  50.5 KB

NEVER FORGET! That's an order Unregistered, you pathetic Terran!
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

4. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Dreamworld, we meet again...

I guess this dream is a bit more personal and not something you'd usually talk about on a forum, but meh, I don't care so much. There was this woman this time. It was an extremely surreal and vivid dream. I'm not sure how old I was in it, but I have a feeling I was my current age. However, I was with an old friend from school. Not entirely sure what we talked about but we were in a room full of people, perhaps the size of a school cafeteria. Rumours were flying as well. The woman in question caught my eye and always seemed to hang out with two friends. I can only describe her as exceptionally beautiful, perhaps angelic, with brown frizzy hair, slightly tanned skin and wore a light yellow sheath dress. She smiled and walked towards me. My friend told me that people say she likes me. For some reason when she walked towards me every few moments it was like a VHS in reverse. Every time she got close something pulled her back a little. Eventually she reached me, though.

I asked her if it's true and told her I felt I didn't meet her standards. She only told me to "wait" and then she kissed me. Kinda weird, huh? The weirder thing is, when I talked about how surreal it was I meant it. For those of us (I'm guessing most if not all) who have enjoyed a first kiss, I'm sure you remember the feeling. The heartbeat, the butterflies or "euphoria" and all that. How can you feel that in a dream? It confuses the hell out of me. It was like I was actually in another physical body. I'm pretty sure there was more in the dream, but leaving it quite late to write about it doesn't help.

Y'know, when I have dreams like that I really want to properly start learning to draw. I can honestly say that for a short while after waking I'd have been able to draw her with perfect clarity. Now it's all fuzzy.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    7th September 2017 07:28 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    First, I'm a Ctarl-Ctarl trapped in a Terran's body get used to it. Secondly, sometimes I have "off" days the pathetic statement is a little much and thirdly, SIR, YES; SIR.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

7. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 12:35 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Ah, what!?! Forget what!?!?! No no!! I wont forget a thing Mr. Cactus Bastard, sir!

It's funny have those dreams can sometimes bring up past memories, isn't it? Based on someone you might've met perhaps? Maybe it's sort of a manifestation of a past love? Perhaps I'm reading into this just a tad too much. Sometimes dreams can come from memories of feelings that people are going through at the moment. If these dreams are giving you artistic ideas, I'd say get a journal and write it as soon after you come to.

9. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Odd. I almost deleted a post above. (Soft delete, so I restored it.) You've gotta be careful when you're staff on a forum. A lot of functions are very close to each other. Hopefully I won't close the forum by accident. That's totally what happened in 2012. In any case...

Name:  workspace.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  347.5 KB

The book stand is perfect! It'll all be much easier now. The photo also serves as a reminder that I really need to clean my workspace. There's a soda mark from a few days ago. Then again, this mouse mat only cost a few quid from China. It's not just the occasional soda spill. My cat leaves marks and fur over everything. Those damn Ctarl-Ctarl... (No offence Idolo...)

Regarding the dream thing, I'm currently watching a TV show called Falling Water which is about people meeting each other in their dreams. It's quite interesting. A manifestation, eh? That's quite the theory. The only past love who slightly resembles that woman is my first girlfriend, but I was a teenager and I didn't know what love means. Though, saying that, I don't think I do now. I guess love itself is entirely subjective.

The journal suggestion is a good idea and we do have a dream thread (or maybe somebody made another which I should merge) so I'd advise others to log dreams as well. I felt I share something in common with the characters in that show as the dreams are all lucid. I recall a mention of people paying lots of money over months (even years) to be taught to dream lucidly. (Not sure if that really happens but Google suggests it might.) From what I've experienced and the brilliant levels of detail in my dreams I'd go as far as saying that everybody is an expert artist. If the brain can really generate such amazing imagery like what I've seen there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to consciously. Most of us just don't know how to connect the dots yet. As a kid I was regularly put down by my art teacher and stopped trying.

I believe I talked about this once before, but I briefly knew an autistic girl from a forum I used when I was younger. A group of us had an offline meeting. She behaved like a kid (and displayed the intelligence of one) but was still a nice person. She wanted to remain friends but I stopped using the forum as I had to focus on college and work. However, a few years ago (and this was nearly a decade after I left that forum) I found one of her sketches from a year after we met if I recall right. Despite having only met me for a few hours on a single day with no photos of me available, a year after the meeting she was able to draw me photo-realistically. It was like it was actually a black and white photo of me. I was both amazed and somewhat freaked out, but it's fascinating what some people are capable of. I think she's an autistic "savant" or something.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I've been pretty inactive. The past week has been difficult and I've not felt like doing anything. A good friend of mine had become unreachable. It made me incredibly anxious because it felt like a repeat of what happened with Lloyd from this forum, also a good friend who became unreachable and then committed suicide. Fortunately my friend turned out to be fine. Honestly, the worry seemed to come from nowhere. I'm just glad that's over.

I need to get back on track with a lot of things. I'm glad I'm losing weight... twenty pounds in the last month. The forum needs some maintenance. If you can post a few times this month that will help.

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    Today 12:35 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I don't blame you for getting anxious, especially if your friend was on radio silence for that long. Glad to hear that everything turned out well in the end. What made him unreachable? Just busy with a crap ton of shit or something?

Congrats on the weight loss! You're well on your way to getting healthier. You're well ahead of me. The past week, I only lost a whopping 1 pound. I'm cutting down the amount of sugary drinks and I try no to eat out as much since I contribute that to my weight gain more than anything.

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I don't have the full story, but lots of problems with family from what I've heard.

You're probably doing it more sensibly anyway, and a pound is certainly something to be proud of. I'm on a bit of a crash diet. I want to switch from it to low-carb soon after my surgery in March. Which means I'm going to have to say goodbye to sugary drinks for good. I used to love those! Well, at least I'll be able to eat meat a lot, and even bacon.

Anime and Steam info