• Dream thread

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream thread

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    4th February 2013 04:05 PM
    Wong

Dream thread

Your most bizarre dreams, your best dreams, your worst nightmares, post whatever you feel like sharing!

One recent dream I had involved me being part of an investigation team sent to investigate a small town in the woods where the population had apparently mysteriously gone quiet. I don't remember the details, but I believe we were issued military-grade equipment - assault rifles and the like. There were 4 people in the team.

At first we had trouble finding the town, which seemed to have been erased completely. Instead there were bright green large vines everywhere, looking like they belonged to some enormous poisonous plant. Eventually though, surrounded by a sea of vegetation in a small clearing, we found a house. The walls and ceiling were mostly gone, with little more than the base and corners remaining. The house, and most of the things in it, were made of metal, all of which was heavily rusted. A lot of the gaps in the walls were covered with vines, but we were able to push them aside pretty easily and get in. I was told to investigate the house and try to find out what happened there, while the others split up to look elsewhere.

Looking through the destroyed house, I found a pair of human skeletons, both charred until they were blackish-brown. One was an adult skeleton, hunched over at a table, and the other was a baby's skeleton which I found in the remains of the oven. As I exited the house, I was confronted by a vampire-type thing, who revealed that the humans here were turned into creatures like him. Then he started going on a spiel about how the vampires were the superior race and he was going to turn me into one. I gunned him down, and the rest of the dream had me being chased by more of the vampires and trying to get back to a populated town.

Sorry it's a bit vague at the end, after the house I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixie-the-Pixie
    I mainly do crack.

Last Seen
    1st September 2011 08:11 PM
    Wong

RE: Dream thread

Eeesh.. sounds rough there, Doctor. As I've said to you in chat, it reminds me of three games:

Left 4 Dead 2
    Blood Omen
    Fallout 3

Okay, on to my dream. Be warned, it's really weird.

I've often had weird dreams since a child, from seeing people who I know are dead (like friends and relatives) to just plain dead people. But this dream contained none of that, really.
    I was at a large white house; like the stereotypical American houses with the white picket fences. There was a party there. I wandered around the garden with my drink when I notice two dogs. Two rottweilers. One of them was fat, the other one skinny. The fat one was growling at me and the next thing I know, my surroundings had changed. the air was thick with green smoke. kinda like the scenes you see in Fallout New Vegas in the Ghoul town thing. It smelt absolutely horrible. I looked up and realised I was tied to some sort of industrial fan. There was a man standing on the grating above me, laughing. I started to scream, the pigs started to whine and scream. He put the fan on and pigs bodies were being dropped from above. They were whole and still alive! They fell into the fan and were chopped up. I had bits of pigs 'splashing' on to my bare chest... urgh.. the smell was absolutely horrible. I still remember it to this day that smell.
    I woke up shortly after that...

Weird, eh?
    Come join me in the Chat Room! ~Nyaa!

^_^
    (='.'=)
    ( '')( '')

Last Seen
    8th September 2019 11:18 AM
    Wong

*placeholder for a certain dream involving lost cars, fat Mexicans, a phone with a crosshair and having to drown someone at a beach*
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    12th August 2018 02:15 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Haha, killjoy I had vampires in my dream too XD

Ahem! Alright time to recall this as best as I can, it will be skippy:

I was walking through my neighbors backyard and heard a noise coming from the front yard. I started running to check it out. It was my neighbor nicole and a bunch of friends and random people I've never seen before just partying. Somewhere a long the way I picked up a girl and started walking through the house with her. Every room we went through got bigger and scarier. We kept walking and she began to get scared. She held me close and tight and I the same. I pushed on through all the scary noises, ghosts whatever was thrown at me (guess it was almost like a haunted mansion.) I tried to act brave so she could feel safe (but deep down I was scared shitless.) Not long after everything changed and I was walking her home. A loud screech came around the corner and then a car came rolling in front of us and crashed into a tree nearly missing an old man tending to his garden. Then there were sirens and a cop car appeared slaming to a halt. 2 cops came running out yelling to get away! That man is a vampire! The girl I was growing so fond of broke from my arms and ran to the police officers. The police officers yelled at me to come over to them, "that old man isn't safe!" I ran to the police officers and stood next to the girl. Then the old man started yelling back, "No they're are not telling the truth! they are the real vampires don't listen to them!" At this point I was scared and it was only natural for me to trust the police officers over this old man. We jumped into the car and sped off. I could still faintly hear the old man yelling in the distance. I faced forward and let out a huge sigh. Then the rear-view caught my eye. I could see the two police officers grinning ...revealing their fangs. The girl screamed, and then I woke up..

Sorry it wasn't super detailed and was sketchy, but that's the best I could remember XD
    "(21:31:30) Kokirininja: will she notice the globs of glue....?
    (21:31:56) TheMachetejoe: Nope! I'm as stealthy as a mouse...on bear adrenaline."
    "(18:42:32) Hannah: I like to giggle when I sit in chairs."
    "(19:46:20) lloydSSJ4: I was contemplating my similarities with Fred Luo, while making a sandwhich."
    Referring to Spammers
    (23:27:52) Mantis: I'm thinking of banning the whole of the Philippines from the site.
    (23:27:56) Mantis: The whole bloody country.
    (23:28:05) Mantis: Because that's where most of the parasites come from.

Last Seen
    25th May 2012 06:26 PM
    Wong

Holy #$@% Kokirininja that is one scary #@# dream. Hmmmm... well I have one I remember well from when I was a kid but it was quite short.

I was at this really nice looking hotel. The place had dark red carpet with really nice designs and people were walking around everywhere. The thing that stuck out the most was this escalator. I saw two guys in suits with sunglasses on the elevator and then I started hearing an echoing sound. It was my mom calling my name. After the third time hearing this I shouted "WHHHAAAAT!!!!" only to realize that I woke up screaming "What!".
    This is my signature, isn't it great?

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Haha. Apparently since we've been in the dorms my roommate has told me that I've randomly woken up twice in the middle of the night and yelled something and fell back to sleep, of course I do not recall either one of these incidents.. but I do believe him XD
    (21:31:56) TheMachetejoe: Nope! I'm as stealthy as a mouse...on bear adrenaline."
    "(19:46:20) lloydSSJ4: I was contemplating my similarities with Fred Luo, while making a sandwhich."
    Referring to Spammers
    (23:27:52) Mantis: I'm thinking of banning the whole of the Philippines from the site.

Last Seen
    Today 02:54 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

I had some messed up dream tonight, but I can't fully remember. Waking up quickly after being awake for over thirty-two hours and not being able to fall back asleep really tells you something's wrong. I'm sure my dream involved a government conspiracy, which would make sense after watching a lot of 24.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Dang Mantis XD That's some serious lack of sleep.. Are you actually having problems falling asleep, or are you just really busy?
    Referring to Spammers

Last Seen
    Today 02:54 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Just the former. I'm on my Pandora now but I might try to sleep again shortly. I don't mean to derail the thread though.

Edit: Well, I did sleep. But a little too late, may I add. I had a number of weird dreams. I wish I could remember them all, though I do remember one. In the dream I ended up talking online to a guy who (in the dream world, at least) my ex-girlfriend had cheated on me with. Actually, I don't recall finding out when it happened which makes it totally possible that she didn't, but since the break-up was only a short few months ago... Heh, just a dream. I guess I shouldn't take it seriously, but I wouldn't put the whole cheating thing past her since I did find out she spent a couple of hours on a dating site daily for much of our relationship.

That's the thing with long-distance. You need a great amount of trust for it to work. But once that trust erodes, you might as well kiss the relationship goodbye since there are too many factors in a long-distance relationship that make it very difficult to regain trust. Anyway, now I'm on a PC and I've slept, I'll comment on others' dreams...

Dr. Killjoy: I'm not a dream analyst (that said, once I joined a dream analysis forum and the analysts were some of the biggest idiots I'd ever come across on the internet) but that's pretty fucked up. Sounds like you've been reading up on a serial killer lately with the whole skeleton thing.

Flare: As Duke Nukem said in Duke Nukem Advance: "Man, I love bacon bits."

Baron: Sounds about as random as most dreams.

kokirininja: Another nightmare, eh? Haha, sounds like you should listen to your elders. Remember, it's always young people who are vampires these days.

Masaka: Yeah, I think I've done something like that. I've been told I've awakened into a state of semi-consciousness, mumbled a load of gibberish, then gone back to sleep before.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    8th September 2019 11:18 AM
    Wong

This dream, which I had several months ago now, taught me one very important lesson; if I'm ever ordered to go on a manhunt with Mantis and Dr. K, I'll know what NOT to do. It was, until about halfway through (from what I can remember), a reasonably funny ('bizarre' funny, not necessarily 'ha-ha' funny) and absurd dream for a few reasons. We'd all been assigned a special mission by "the powers that be" to go out and assassinate some random guy of no real importance. We were never told why, we were just told to go and execute him. So off we went, in a regular ol' car, with something of an old tank crew setup, albeit with semi-shuffled responsibilities for some reason; Mantis as driver, Dr. K as 'commander' (maps, etc.), and me as radio/gunner. And by that, I mean as a literal 'radio gunner'.

Make sense? No?

Good.

Anyway, we were driving along minding our own business, when for some inexplicable reason Dr. K managed to somehow lose the car. Don't try and work this one out, it just happened. Almost instantly after, a fat Mexican waddled out from behind a bush/tree/rock and started screaming at him for it.

After that, we simply stole a car that was conveniently parked nearby and continued with our mission, with nothing really happening until a random driver materialised out of nowhere and started taking potshots at us. For whatever reason, Mantis was really crap at even trying to perform any evasive driving techniques, and just continued in a straight line as I started to return fire with a radio that now had the internal workings necessary to fire bullets. See what I mean about literal now?

Not entirely sure how this next bit works, but despite being driven in a straight line I couldn't get a hit on the other driver, because I couldn't get the 'gunradio' to display a crosshair on the other vehicle. Not that this really mattered, because we arrived at the original target's apartment and the other car literally ceased to exist just as mysteriously as it had materialised in the first place. The three of us got out of the car and kicked the apartment door in, magically receiving handguns in the process, and proceeded to sweep the apartment, clearing all rooms and finding absolutely nothing, when the target suddenly burst from a door that wasn't even there and came running up to me, looking like a total inbred. He started to waffle about something while pacing back and forth, spouting an absolute stream of nonsense that made me leave the room in disgust, only for Mantis to cut the talking short and shoot him three times ("tl;dr!" *BANG*BANG*BANG*).

From this bit onward, things became slightly less ('slightly' being the keyword) surreal. No more gunradios, no more disappearing cars, and no more fat shouty Mexicans hiding behind inanimate objects just waiting for us to **** up.

With the assignment complete, we headed back to the car to leave, and just as Mantis started the engine, a family of three walked into the apartment we'd just used as an execution room. Figuring we could probably get some information from them, the next course of action was to interrogate the three of them; a young man, a young woman, and (presumably) their kid.

Before actually doing the 'interrogation' part of the plan, we opened fire on the guy and blasted him through the back window in a hail of bullets.

And then I shot the kid in the face.

Despite facing no immediate threat, Mantis and Dr. K went back to the car to call reinforcements, but on hearing they were denied, drove off while I was just leaving the apartment. From this point on, I was being hunted by the same faceless whatever that handed the assignment in the first place, and the only way I could call it off was by killing the young girl (who had started running like hell to try and get away).

After following her for what might as well have been hours, I cornered her in a supermarket. And due to the dream world having nonsensical rules, I wasn't allowed to kill her at that moment. Not because it was in view of hundreds of people, no. But because she'd started paying for her weekly groceries. I was then forbidden to kill her until she'd got herself back home and put the shopping away, so in some bizarre case of Stockholm Syndrome, we simply started talking to each other like nothing had even happened. In other news, it was now dark outside. I don't know why that bit's important, but I remember it.

She had no intention of going back to her apartment though, and instead dropped her bag (in turn voiding the law of me not blowing her head off), and ran for the beach. To cut this next bit shorter than it already is, I was faster than her, and after easily catching up I held her head under the murky water until she drowned.

Then the recently-deceased waterlogged ***** tried dragging me underwater with her, and I woke up.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"