• Patreon Manga Update
  • Patreon Manga Update

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:27 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,982
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,015,073
    Awards Gunslinger - Award Request AcceptedHangGene: Fred Luo Loves YouHangGene: Noose CutterHangGene: OopsHangGene: Suzuka Would Be Proud

    Patreon Manga Update

    I figured I may as well post this here: Manga Update and Resuming of Patreon | Mantis on Patreon

    It's about the state of the manga project and some general Outlaw Star musings. Things are looking up.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:35 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    846
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    7,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Things are looking up.
    Yeah I agree, crew morale is really high! Since about 2 weeks ago I have felt that the project entered Grappler Combat Mode, lol.

    Hopefully some of the side-material I have been working on translating can be released alongside the manga as we go forward. Sounds like I may be able to do some more this Saturday.

    500th post, btw.
    Last edited by Zemekis; 22nd March 2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: 500th post, woooooooooooooo
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:27 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,982
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,015,073
    Awards Gunslinger - Award Request AcceptedHangGene: Fred Luo Loves YouHangGene: Noose CutterHangGene: OopsHangGene: Suzuka Would Be Proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Yeah I agree, crew morale is really high! Since about 2 weeks ago I have felt that the project entered Grappler Combat Mode, lol.
    Indeed, grappler arms aren't just good for battling!



    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Hopefully some of the side-material I have been working on translating can be released alongside the manga as we go forward. Sounds like I may be able to do some more this Saturday.
    Ah, cool. Let me know if you want any photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    500th post, btw.
    Well done. You're now distinguished.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:35 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    846
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    7,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Ah, cool. Let me know if you want any photos.
    I do, however I listed them off in the appropriate thread which I see you've already responded to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Well done. You're now distinguished.
    As if there was ever any doubt of that.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  5. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,190
    If you happen to have a PayPal.me link, I'd be happy to send you a donation.

    I quit using Patreon altogether a few months ago

  6. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:27 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,982
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,015,073
    Awards Gunslinger - Award Request AcceptedHangGene: Fred Luo Loves YouHangGene: Noose CutterHangGene: OopsHangGene: Suzuka Would Be Proud
    I'd really appreciate that. Do your feelings about Patreon have something to do with the recent controversy? I've considered switching to SubscribeStar, but I kinda feel like that's making a mountain out of a molehill when I only have a few patrons, most of whom probably wouldn't want to make that jump themselves.

    Just sending you that PayPal link.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  7. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'd really appreciate that. Do your feelings about Patreon have something to do with the recent controversy? I've considered switching to SubscribeStar, but I kinda feel like that's making a mountain out of a molehill when I only have a few patrons, most of whom probably wouldn't want to make that jump themselves.
    Yeah.

    The only reason I use even PayPal is because there's no real USD alternative, I don't understand cryptocurrency and not a lot of sites use crypto anyway.

    I've become increasingly aware of how corrupt the current system is that I can only stomach so much before I have to cut ties with a website. That's why I left Facebook for more "free speech" alternatives, as well.

    Subscribestar might be good, but I think it would be better to just send people money as directly as possible, without giving up too much convenience.

    ---

    As far as you using Subscribestar goes, I'm not familiar with the people who run it so I couldn't honestly say if it would be worth the switch.

  8. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    1st May 2019 03:40 PM
    Posts
    80
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    593
    Never used Subscribestar, though I probably should seeing that my career could benefit from things like that.
    I've thought about doing my next music release strictly through a site like Patreon (but ideally not Patreon), but I'm not 100% sold on that approach.
    I would prefer a PayPal link if I had to choose, though I will do the patreon if you choose to stay on there.

    -Justin Yates
    EMAIL: Justin@JustinYates.net
    WEB: http://www.JustinYates.net

    ***New album "FRIEND" available now!
    Take a listen & let me know what you think.
    For fans of Singer Songwriter / Acoustic Instrumental Music.



  9. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinYatesMusic View Post
    Never used Subscribestar, though I probably should seeing that my career could benefit from things like that.
    I've thought about doing my next music release strictly through a site like Patreon (but ideally not Patreon), but I'm not 100% sold on that approach.
    I would prefer a PayPal link if I had to choose, though I will do the patreon if you choose to stay on there.
    Gotta website?
    Nevermind. Found it. Cool music.
    Paypal.me is really easy to set up if you don't already have one. I'll tip you if you got a jar

  10. Like JustinYatesMusic liked this post
  11. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    1st May 2019 03:40 PM
    Posts
    80
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by LtSurge View Post
    Gotta website?
    Nevermind. Found it. Cool music.
    Paypal.me is really easy to set up if you don't already have one. I'll tip you if you got a jar
    🐵❤️

    Thanks man! I appreciate you taking a minute or two to look into what I do. It means a lot. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

    I do have a PayPal.me set up: PayPal.me/JustinYatesMusic

    I’ll send you a message so that we don’t hijack this post. Lol.

    -Justin Yates
    EMAIL: Justin@JustinYates.net
    WEB: http://www.JustinYates.net

    ***New album "FRIEND" available now!
    Take a listen & let me know what you think.
    For fans of Singer Songwriter / Acoustic Instrumental Music.



  12. Informative LtSurge thinks that this is informative

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •