• Best Free Anti-Virus
  • Best Free Anti-Virus

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    30th November 2017 05:31 PM
    Posts
    123
    Wong
    1,105

    Best Free Anti-Virus

    Tried using several antivirus for the past years (all free version) and some of the includes Avast, Avira, AVG, Kaspersky and they seemed to work fine but after a while, I don't think that they really do the job. My laptop became sluggish and scanning doesn't even help. Then a friend of mine recommended Malware Bytes and that's what I'm using right now It does the job and can really delete trojans and other harmful malwares.

    What about you? What antivirus are you using?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    7th December 2017 03:41 PM
    Posts
    191
    Wong
    3,565
    I think Malware Bytes works well in conjunction with other programs. It's not really an anti-virus. I use it alongside Kaspersky, which I love. I used the free one in the past, but I have the paid one now, since it offers a lot of nice features. We buy it around the holiday season, since it can usually be found on sale at heavily discounted prices. Try Newegg or Amazon if you're interested.

    If you want to stick with free, the ones you named are fairly popular. I think some of those are only trial versions though, aren't they?

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    30th November 2017 05:31 PM
    Posts
    123
    Wong
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamesha View Post
    I think Malware Bytes works well in conjunction with other programs. It's not really an anti-virus. I use it alongside Kaspersky, which I love. I used the free one in the past, but I have the paid one now, since it offers a lot of nice features. We buy it around the holiday season, since it can usually be found on sale at heavily discounted prices. Try Newegg or Amazon if you're interested.

    If you want to stick with free, the ones you named are fairly popular. I think some of those are only trial versions though, aren't they?
    Yes the ones that I've used are the free versions, including Malware Bytes. I'm really satisfied with it and I never use another anti-virus since I've installed Malware Bytes on my computer. Anyway, I haven't heard of Newegg though but I'm gonna check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

  4. Like Gamesha liked this post
  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd August 2018 07:42 AM
    Posts
    129
    Wong
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojari View Post
    Tried using several antivirus for the past years (all free version) and some of the includes Avast, Avira, AVG, Kaspersky and they seemed to work fine but after a while, I don't think that they really do the job. My laptop became sluggish and scanning doesn't even help. Then a friend of mine recommended Malware Bytes and that's what I'm using right now It does the job and can really delete trojans and other harmful malwares.

    What about you? What antivirus are you using?
    Avast has been the best for me ever since I started using android device and a laptop. At the initial stage, I was making use of NetQin but I discovered it wasn't that strong and effective in affording my system the adequate protection it requires against virus.

  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 09:24 AM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,046
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,015,800

    Best Free Anti-Virus

    My best antivirus is called Common Sense and I've had it installed in my head ever since I realised how careless you can be without realising it. Downloading software from public torrent trackers like The Pirate Bay is pretty risky. It's important to install programs slowly, as if you don't you could agree to installing some nasty third-party adware and toolbars. Lots of companies rely on people rushing through an installation as they get paid for installing this crapware.

    Generally speaking I think the web is safer nowadays. Many browsers have strong defences against malicious code. Some take it too far and try to handhold you and guide you away from safe sites they're erroneously flagged as dangerous. My general policy is: "When in doubt, Google!" I'd probably recommend Avast though.

    I've never considered installing antivirus on a phone and haven't needed to either.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  7. Funny Kieranlewix found this post funny
  8. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 03:28 AM
    Posts
    1,345
    Wong
    30,534
    I am using Panda, Advanced System Care, and Malware Bytes myself. All of them are free but I have the pro version on ASC.

    I have been using all three for about 3 years now together and I think it is a great combo.

    (I also use Ccleaner as well)

  9. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    8th April 2019 08:48 PM
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,665
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    14,118
    Vitamin-C?
    Best Free Anti-Virus-orange_juice-gif
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator
    avatar by: beautifulhangoverx


    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews


    This was a good idea Mantis.

  10. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    19th May 2019 01:02 PM
    Posts
    151
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    My best antivirus is called Common Sense and I've had it installed in my head ever since I realised how careless you can be without realising it. Downloading software from public torrent trackers like The Pirate Bay is pretty risky. It's important to install programs slowly, as if you don't you could agree to installing some nasty third-party adware and toolbars. Lots of companies rely on people rushing through an installation as they get paid for installing this crapware.

    Generally speaking I think the web is safer nowadays. Many browsers have strong defences against malicious code. Some take it too far and try to handhold you and guide you away from safe sites they're erroneously flagged as dangerous. My general policy is: "When in doubt, Google!" I'd probably recommend Avast though.

    I've never considered installing antivirus on a phone and haven't needed to either.
    I generally frown upon antivirus protection but since my PC got a virus, I have been very careful to push my distaste aside. I am using the free version of Avast, which I don't think is helping at all. When it spots a malicious file all it does is give a notification and scan the PC automatically. If I am surfing, it will break connection to the site and navigate to the homepage. It does nothing to combat the viruses though. I regularly install games on my PC and you can understand why I am not a fan of games. With games, a 1kb file may cause the entire thing not to play. Antiviruses always seem to find something wrong with my games. I was using Kaspersky but after it expired, I did not renew it.

  11. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    7th December 2017 03:41 PM
    Posts
    191
    Wong
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojari View Post
    Yes the ones that I've used are the free versions, including Malware Bytes. I'm really satisfied with it and I never use another anti-virus since I've installed Malware Bytes on my computer. Anyway, I haven't heard of Newegg though but I'm gonna check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
    You might want to try Spybot Search and Destroy as well. It finds things that Malwarbytes doesn't find. I'd get a complete AV program though, in my opinion, especially if you work online, stream a lot, etc. If you ever get a virus, trojan, etc. it's a pain to get rid of.

    I got a great deal on Kaspersky at Amazon, although the free version is good too. Some mentioned Avast, but it never did a thing for me.

    As for downloads, you can save your file and scan it before opening it. Right click and Malwarebytes will give you the option.

Similar Threads

  1. Favourite Anti-Hero
    By lloydSSJ4 in forum Clyde's Bar
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12th June 2015, 08:57 AM
  2. Free Hugs
    By darkbetter in forum Clyde's Bar
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 4th June 2015, 04:43 PM
  3. Team Fortress 2 - Now Free to Play Forever!
    By Mantis in forum Games (Archive)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 3rd March 2012, 07:43 AM
  4. Portal is free to download... but only for a few days!
    By BaronOfStuff in forum Games (Archive)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th September 2011, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •